General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:03 am 

Thanks! I already saw this new package appearing on my list some days ago and checked a little bit about it.
For the moment I will keep FFP since my NAS is running well now. But as other have said I'll try to move to Entware-ng and clean FFP.
At least the good point is that they can both co-exist :-)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:30 pm 

root@TTNET:~# /opt/bin/znc -d /opt/share/znc/ --makeconf
/opt/bin/znc: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/lib/libstdc++.so.6: file too short

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:41 am 

Entware-ng package repos updated recently with some primary packages going from 2.22 > 2.23. I have to use "opkg flag hold libc ldconfig libpthread librt locales" to avoid opt from breaking.

@Mijzelf Is it possible to update your kernel-2.6.24-support package? Thank you again for your efforts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:58 am 

monami wrote:
Entware-ng package repos updated recently with some primary packages going from 2.22 > 2.23. I have to use "opkg flag hold libc ldconfig libpthread librt locales" to avoid opt from breaking.
You can update normally, and then run /opt/sbin/kernel-2.6.24-support.sh to restore the 2.6.24 symlinks. (Or reboot. The startscript will also run that script)

Quote:
@Mijzelf Is it possible to update your kernel-2.6.24-support package? Thank you again for your efforts.
Last time I tried (2 weeks ago, or something like that) the git didn't contain the 2.23 patches. But I'll retry.
BTW, even if I update the 2.6.24 packages, the new libc package will still temporarily break your installation, as there can only be one libc.so symlink at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:58 pm 

I updated the kernel 2.6.24 packages to 2.23. But beware, upgrading will break your installation, as it will also upgrade the stock libc. And there can be only 1 /opt/lib/libc.so.
So after upgrading run /opt/sbin/kernel-2.6.24-support.sh, or reboot your box.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:39 pm 

Mijzelf,

Thanks for all the hard work, this is really good! I was able to successfully install entware-ng and also packages on FFP USB stick. I couldn't find instruction to install this on an already existing FFP USB and I didn't want to give up the latter or create a second stick just for entware-ng. I modified your entware-ng boot script from http://zyxel.nas-central.org/wiki/Entwa ... e-ng_Stick to create a one-time-install script.

For the benefit of others, I'll share the steps here to install entware-ng on the same FFP USB stick without touching stock firmware or FFP installation. I use an NSA320 btw (armv5).

Before you begin, please download files from https://github.com/anirudhra/nsa320 For some reason the forum wouldn't allow me to attach any files to the post. If you have a modified /ffp/etc/profile, do NOT use the downloaded file else you will lose your settings. You may use profile for reference for step 6 below.

1. Make sure NAS is up and FFP stick is recognized and has enough space, ssh to the box as root
2. Create /ffp/opt directory:
Code:
mkdir /ffp/opt

3. Copy entwareMount.sh script to
Code:
/ffp/start

and run it to map /opt directory to /ffp/opt
Code:
/ffp/bin/sh /ffp/start/entwareMount.sh

4. Copy installEntwareFFPusb.sh to
Code:
/ffp/tmp

5. Run the installation script:
Code:
/ffp/bin/sh /ffp/tmp/installEntwareFFPusb.sh

6. Modify /ffp/etc/profile to add the following line right before "export PATH" (line 21?):
Code:
PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin

7. Install your fav. apps from entware-ng
7. Reboot NAS to ensure entware-ng is properly installed, paths etc. are properly set and installed apps start automatically

Behind the scenes, Mijzelf's modified script skips boot stages and only performs entware-ng installation in /opt after checking for and applying patches for old kernels. entware_mount.sh script maps /ffp/opt to /opt for entware-sh to run correctly on every boot and executes the startup script to start all entware-ng apps on boot (hence it is required to run this script on every boot and also once before running installation script for /opt directory to be mapped).

Note that since entware-ng is installed on FFP USB stick, you don't need to run the patch for old kernel on every firmware update. Just unplug the USB during firmware update and replug once that is done. Running the patch script would only be required for a new stick.

I really appreciate the work behind this. I got firefly, minidlna etc. working flawlessly from this repo that otherwise was a pain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:58 pm 

Nice!

but
infrareddude wrote:
Note that since entware-ng is installed on FFP USB stick, you don't need to run the patch for old kernel on every firmware update.
is a misunderstanding. Entware-ng is running next to the firmware, and so it doesn't care about firmware updates. (As long as the usb_key_func.sh script is called, and the kernel keeps compatible). The old kernel patch is needed when Entware pulls a new libc version.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:07 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
I updated the kernel 2.6.24 packages to 2.23. But beware, upgrading will break your installation, as it will also upgrade the stock libc. And there can be only 1 /opt/lib/libc.so.
So after upgrading run /opt/sbin/kernel-2.6.24-support.sh, or reboot your box.

Awesome, worked a treat. :D

As you said, it breaks installation momentarily, but the script repairs it fully. At first I ran into trouble running the script again before realizing I needed to temporarily change PATH to exclude opt entries so the script could find a working busybox.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:27 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Nice!

but
infrareddude wrote:
Note that since entware-ng is installed on FFP USB stick, you don't need to run the patch for old kernel on every firmware update.
is a misunderstanding. Entware-ng is running next to the firmware, and so it doesn't care about firmware updates. (As long as the usb_key_func.sh script is called, and the kernel keeps compatible). The old kernel patch is needed when Entware pulls a new libc version.

Thanks for this pointer Mijzelf! Would adding the lib patching script to /ffp/start do the trick after every upgrade and then a reboot of box for entware installed alongside FFP on the USB stick?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:52 pm 

If you change the startscript to
Code:
#!/ffp/bin/sh
ln -sf /ffp/opt /opt
[ -x /opt/sbin/kernel-2.6.24-support.sh ] && /opt/sbin/kernel-2.6.24-support.sh
/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung start
it will work fine, even on boxes without the patch (NAS5xx). On each boot the script will check if the symlinks have to be re-created.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:09 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
If you change the startscript to
Code:
#!/ffp/bin/sh
ln -sf /ffp/opt /opt
[ -x /opt/sbin/kernel-2.6.24-support.sh ] && /opt/sbin/kernel-2.6.24-support.sh
/opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung start
it will work fine, even on boxes without the patch (NAS5xx). On each boot the script will check if the symlinks have to be re-created.

Many thanks Mijzelf! I've modified the startup script in github as per your instructions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:27 am 

Updated entwareMount.sh script on github to work with "entwareMount.sh start|stop|status" commands.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:27 pm 

Hello and good morning...

I installed this now on my NSA320 and took ffp out..
Installed two packages...all successful...
But where do i find them now?!
For example...
I installed apcupsd-cgi...
And hoped to get any web interface to it...
Is there one and if yes, how do i get to it?!
The packages 25 volt and apcupsd-cgi do not show up anywhere on the NAS web interface...

Hope my question is not toooo dumb...smile...
Thx in advance

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:45 pm 

Entware-ng runs next to the firmware, so you can't expect the packages to integrate in the firmware.

I had a look in the apcupsd-cgi package, and it seems to only install 4 cgi binaries, and some configuration scripts. So you'll have to embed them in an webinterface yourself.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:20 pm 

Hello...
Thx for the explanation
This part was not clear...so never mind...i just thought that the cgi meant some web presence...
Cause there is no documentation about it around...
Also nothing for the 25volt thing...
So i will have to dig and see...
Thx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next