General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Duplicati on NSA320S?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:21 am 

Hi!

I tried to compile an experimental duplicati on my nas, with FFp, but sg is missing, because it says this...

I tried it with barmalej2's, with KyLEK's and with mine (4.6.1 native build without fast tls) mono package, the errors are similar...

How Can I install theese codes?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 am 

You don't need to compile anything. Extract source zip file and run it:
Code:
mono Duplicati.Server.exe

Quote:
Supported commandline arguments:
--help: Displays this help
--unencrypted-database: Disables database encryption
--portable-mode: Activates portable mode where the database is placed below the program executable
--log-file: Outputs log information to the file given
--log-level: Determines the amount of information written in the log file
--webservice-webroot: The path to the folder where the static files for the webserver is present. The folder must be located beneath the installation folder
--webservice-port: The port the webserver listens on. Multiple values may be supplied with a comma in between.
--webservice-sslcertificatefile: The port the webserver listens on. Multiple values may be supplied with a comma in between.
--webservice-sslcertificatepassword: The port the webserver listens on. Multiple values may be supplied with a comma in between.
--webservice-interface: The interface the webserver listens on. The special values "*" and "any" means any interface. The special value "loopback" means the loopback adapter.
--webservice-password: The password required to access the webserver. This option is saved so you do not need to set it on each run. Setting an empty value disables the password.
--ping-pong-keepalive: When running as a server, the service daemon must verify that the process is responding. If this option is enabled, the server reads stdin and writes a reply to each line read
--log-retention: Set the time after which log data will be purged from the database.
--server-datafolder: Duplicati needs to store a small database with all settings. Use this option to choose where the settings are stored. This option can also be set with the environment variable DUPLICATI_HOME.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:40 pm 

I'd also like to try out Duplicati on my NSA325v2.

@bermalej2
What you write is according to a compilation for Windows, isn't it?

@mrDini
What was your solution?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:08 am 

Nope. It has nothing to do with Windows compilation. Mono is an open source implementation of Microsoft's .NET framework (sponsored by MS btw). In other words it is .NET platform analog, which allows to run .NET programs on linux. It is fat and resource hungry. I would not recommend use it on the box unless you really need this. Better focus on syncthing or btsync (renamed to resilio currently).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:23 am 

OK, thank you for your answer and the advice. I assumed it's for Windows because of the ".....exe" at the end.

But what I have in mind was a backup solution of NAS documents into the cloud, via WebDAV.
And there I'd like to have them stored encrypted.
Duplicati has this feature, Resilio, as far as I can see, not ... and it's not free.

This means a scenario like that:
On my computers: any file synchronization program synchronizing to NAS (no encryption necessary)
On my NAS: Backup solution to WebDAV of these files, but encrypted (local backup)
In the cloud/WebDAV: encrypted backup (online backup)

At the moment I have this backup scenario runnung:
On my computers: Crashplan
On the NAS: Crashplan headless (local backup)
No online backup yet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:48 pm 

I also used the precompiled exe file from the website, but yes, it eats a lot of CPU and RAM, So I just tested it, and moved back to Apache webDAV and webserver configured by myself. That is fast, as a lightning, and very secure, but a bit complicated to setup...