General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:22 pm 

Is there any way of having NFS shares of the external (usb) drives?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:23 pm 

Yes, You Can edit the /etc/exports file and of course, and You Can specify new shares also here. But the /etc/exports file has been replaced during every boot up with the original one. So i recommend to use the unfs3 instead of the zypkg version. You Can easily install it using the slacker tool (FFp). And it has an ability to read the /ffp/etc/exports file also, instead of just reading the /etc/exports file's content, So in this way You Can make the shares permanently. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:02 pm 

thanks,

I also looked at unfs3, but i have not yet figured out how to use/configure it the way i need. if by chance you have something that will help me get startet it would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:13 pm 

Install the package first with slacker and disable the fw NFS package. After that, create the /ffp/etc/exports file (or if it is exist, skip this step) and open it for editing via nano, vi, mcedit or etc).

And here You Can create the shares. For example mine external HDD sharing (with access of anybody on my network) looks like this:

Code:
/e-data/<longUUIDofTheExternalStorage> 192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,wdelay,fsid=0,insecure)

Change the <longUUID[...]> to fit for Your environment and finally save that file. Now, You just have to start the package and make the script executable to start the unfsd server during every FFp startup:

Code:
chmod +x /ffp/start/unfsd.sh
/ffp/start/unfsd.sh start

And that's it. You are done! :)

Have fun!

Ps: change the subnet from 192.168.1.0/24 if necessary. And use the Google if You looking for some other nfs config option.