General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm 

Hope you can help.

Ever since i've updated to 4.81 firmware( i think ever since 4.81) the gigabyte connection drops and my transfers go at a snails pace. The only soloution is to hard reboot by powering down then removing power.

Could this be a bad firmware flash? I've tried to reflash but it won't allow it.

Any one any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:38 pm 

An update:

I've used the NSA325_450AAAJ1C2_UpgradeKey, to downgrade, then upgraded to 4.80, then checked to see if problem persists. Still the fault persists. I then upgraded to 4.81.

I've made sure that there is no other device on my network is using the same i.p, Different cables and striaght to router or then in Gigabyte switch.

Ive also used the advice of someone here abut using 'tweaks' to create a dmesg.log which i have but does not make much sense to me.

Its looking like my next step is to do a factory reset - does this format the disks?

Please help!

EDIT: decided just to completely wipe it and start again and the speeds are still slow! So its looking like a hardware issue? Could it be down the disks? I have 2 disks 1tb combined into 1 disk?

Another issue is that I cant get access to FTP even thou its turned on in the NAS settings!