General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm 

Hi,

I tried to search on the forum but I had no luck. I have quite odd behavior from my NAS325 v2.
Im using the latest firmware.
I tried to install "BackupPlanner" but after clicking install the status says "not installed" with a red icon.
I got the same problem for "owncloud".

Attachment:
Snap2000001027.jpg

I successfully installed "pulse" but when I try to open "http://nsa325-v2:9999/" then I get a

Code:
This site can’t be reached

nsa325-v2 refused to connect.

error.

Does anyone have any idea why I can't install packages?

I use static IP address on my NAS but I had the same issue when I tried to use it with dynamic IP.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:07 am 

No-one here experienced this issue?
If it doesnt download and install packages via internet is it possible for me to upload and install packages manually?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:15 pm 

Normally I'd say your network setup is wrong. A wrong DNS and/or a wrong gateway. But in that case, how did you manage to install pulse?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:26 pm 

Yes... noone has experienced this issue here this why I couldn't find anything when I searched this forum.
Finally I could resolve the problem but I still dont know what caused as everything worked fine when last time (6 months ago) I played with settings.

I had to delete excisting *.zpkg packages + web_prefix + ZYPKGS files from admin/zy-pkgs folder and after I just followed the tutorial here:

https://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=14553

Then I was able to reinstall these packages I mentioned. I still got red error warning but I disabled and reenabled the plugin and they all started to work again.
Same thing happened with "Pulse" (Syncthing) extension.

I had to disable and re-enable it and then it started to work.

I thought Pulse extension has to be updated but when I could log on Pulse (Syncthing) panel then a red update button appeared.
I was afraid if I click on it then Pulse will crush but it didn't. I could update Pulse to the latest Syncthing without a glitch.
So far everything works again.

One thing I noticed.
I use Pulse with my desktop. Even if my desktop is off... NAS no longer goes to sleep with Pulse enabled. I don't quite understand why because there is nothing to sync.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:34 pm 

tescojim wrote:
One thing I noticed.
I use Pulse with my desktop. Even if my desktop is off... NAS no longer goes to sleep with Pulse enabled. I don't quite understand why because there is nothing to sync.

Have you checked if the disk does sleep if you disable Pulse?

Of course Pulse has to remain active, how else could it check that no sync is required? But I'd expect it to run from ram, unless it has connection to a peer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:26 am 

Yes, I tested it...
If I disable Pulse then NAS goes to sleep.
Im not entirely sure how to check if Pulse active from RAM only or the HDD are running as well but for me it seems that the HDDs are spinning and they don't go to sleep.
I assume it because when I try to access data on HDD I get immediate reaction so no waiting time for the HDD to spin up.

I understand that Pulse cannot sync if NAS in sleep mode but what I would expect is if there is no sync for (eg 15mins to be set in Zyxel admin) then NAS goes inactive and goes to sleep again.
If I turn on my desktop Syncthing on my desktop should ping NAS and it should wake up again.
Im only worried about my HDDs that they are running even if there is no "action".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:21 pm 

tescojim wrote:
Im only worried about my HDDs that they are running even if there is no "action".
You should be worried about your energy bill, not the disk. A disks main wear is caused by spinning up and down (and the temperature change it causes). Running 24/7 is no problem.

The Tweaks package contains a disk monitor which possibly can tell why the disk doesn't sleep. Let it run for a few hours, and then download the logfile. It might tell what is the problem.