General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:34 pm 

hello,

I need an FTP server for storing data from untrusted source (chinese CCTV camera), so original FTP server existing as a feature on my NSA310 (with original software) is not so good for me (only admin can use this ftp and this user can read/write/delete everything on whole NAS). So I started to looking for something better.
I found somewhere discussion with very similar problem, and here was an advice to install proftpd as a ftp server. Ok, so first I read that I need FFP zypkg package - installed it. Next, I tried to install proftpd:

Code:
root@Szopa:~# slacker -i proftpd-1.3.4a-arm-0.txz
 Slacker

Searching for *.new files: /ffp/etc /ffp/start
Done.

And that's all. The only as I found is this txz file downloaded into my NAS. How to install it? Just unzip? How to configure?

I'm new on this forum, sorry in advance whether I'm asking about something discussed already many times , but didn't find.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:36 pm 

Hi,

The slacker script is for downloading and installing packages from repositories. For example:

Code:
slacker -a proftpd

That will list all available proftpd packages from the repository caches. In case, when it returns no packages, use the forum search, and the 'uwsiteloader' keywords. ;)

Secondly, if You have the package in txz format, You Can install it directly using the funpkg binary. For example:

Code:
funpkg -i /full/path/to/the/package.txz

And don't forget to install the dependencies as well as the proftpd itself (unless it is a static build)!

Regarding the proftpd config... Use Google for that. There are a bunch of tutorials about proftpd configuration.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:04 pm 

Thx for help, now it looks better :)