De-activate "hook" sticked command

Marvell Kirkwood based
Arcane

De-activate "hook" sticked command

Post by Arcane » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 am

Hello everyone.
I have a NSA320 firmware V4.70(AFO.3), I have very few knowledge of Linux but even so I managed to install FFP package on the NAS where I have a lot of music storaged.
The problem that i had, few months ago, was that some albums use the song name (i mean alphabetically) instead of track number in order to playback. That annoyed me a lot...
Then I found a thread that asure that problem can be solved making music album directory writeable using the "hook" command on FFP package. Instructions were not specific for Linux beginers so I ended up hooking my video/movies directory instead of music directory.
I didn't realize that hook command makes a copy of directory in order to work so after 30 min of waiting and seeing NAS leds blinking like "working" I decided to shut down and restart the NAS manually.

After a little of work I realized that my movies directory had been partially cloned and consumed 30% of the HD.
I manually erased it but now everytime I restart the server for any reason it tries to hook the directory again. If 5 min passed and I see blinking leds again I know it is time to force restart by pressing the on/off button, when do so (second restart) it boot up normally and I have to delete the copied directory again.

I believe system tries to complete the command since first attemp ended up abruptly.
Is there a way to disable this "pending"/"on-memory" processes or disable hook command instead?

Thanks a lot for your help guys.
Sergio

MrDini

Re: De-activate "hook" sticked command

Post by MrDini » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:25 am

Hi,

What kind of "hook" do you mean? I Can't see that command...

Is that a part of Mijzelf's zyxel_utils package? Or what?

If so, you Can easily disable it by executing

Code: Select all

chmod -x /ffp/start/zyxel_utils.sh
and it won't start with FFp.
Last edited by MrDini on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks nas-central the lot of help! :)

Arcane

Re: De-activate "hook" sticked command

Post by Arcane » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:05 am

Thank you MrDini.
Yes, it is part of zyxel_utils package. I'll give it a try