General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 am 

Good morning. 1 years ago I bought this zyxel nas. No problems until I moved or better, i'm not pretty sure but I think from the last firmware update i done ( a few week ago ) because nsa should be in stand by after 1 hours and I put on the controlpanel to do the led blink when is in idle. I never saw from the update this "blink".

Actually I'm doing a little CED far from the other members family. I'm wiring in cat6a lan cable all the possible rooms and I bought a 10/100/1000 switch dlink too

Now.

Nas i directly connected to the switch. Swith is directly connected to the router. Lan is setted as gigabit ( right ) and lan no stop working. Looking for router stats seems NSA send and receive packages. I don't know where and from where While I'm writing nobody is connected to nas and nobody are viewing films . In those 10 minutes he sent and received : sent 52.744.360byte /received 2.784.694byte. And no one are using the nsa!

In the NSA controlpanel there is only active : ftp ( of course ), Twonky Media Server ( but not streaming ), and telnet ( for me ). No LAN-WAN ports confìgurated, No ppoe service active, Itunes service
Download service, Publication web service, Broadcatching, Printer server, Copy/sinc , Flickr/YouTube, FTP Uploadr all are disabled. I just use for see films on computer(s), tablet / phone, smart tv at home. No app are installed, no programs are on the nsa, just videos .

Never used service for p2p, youtube, flickr or other. It should be blinded for internal lan. Any idea ?

Thank you for any help

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:01 am 

The package RandomTools contains a tool iftop, which can be use to monitor network connections. (IP address and/or hostname on both ends, amount of data through connection).
That might give an idea what is going on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 pm 

Thank you :)