General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:36 pm 

Hello everyone.
I have a NSA320 firmware V4.70(AFO.3) connected to a Hitron CGNV22 router and a static IP address.
Inside my network everything works just fine but I'm having problems to access NAS from outside (internet). I would like to access to my music and video files from my smartphone (IOS) and eventually give access to my video files to my sister that lives in other country through plex or similar. I already installed zCloud app on my iphone and could access to NAS using wi-fi network when I'm at home but I only get the "The request time out" message elsewhere (out from home).

I spent several hours trying to find a solutions but nothing seems to work.
First: there are a lot of pages refering to myZyXELcloud-Agent package but I can't get it appear on the administration module/package list even when I retrieve list from internet.
Second: I try to manually add my server using the mac address/serial number on https://mycloud.zyxel.com/discoverer/add website but keep getting "not found" message. This NSA model doesn't have the "pair" button either so it might not be useful as well.
Third: I believe it has to be with the NAS access through the router, so I forwarded ports:80,20,21,445,3999,8082,9089,9090, activate uPNP function and include NAS mac address in pass through function in my router as suggested in other threads.
Still nothing.
I have very few knowledge of Linux but I think I can manage it.

Please any advice will be trully welcome.
Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:23 am 

Hi,

The myZyXELCloud is not compatible with the NSA320. It requires a 325v2 or a later NAS.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 am 

Thank you Mr.Dini
Is there a way to access my files remotely?
I’m trying to get access to my music library, tried everything nothing worked.
Any ideas?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 pm 

If you have a custom firmware supporting router, and a compatible CFW with VPN support, then you Can go that way. Otherwise you should look for a userspace VPN server, like openVPN and install it on your NAS. @barmalej2 has an awesome and widely explained openVPN setup HOWTO in this forum.

But you Can also use SFTP (openSSH for example), sshfs, FTPS (proftpd for example), you Can create an SSH tunnel and use NFS through that, or an Apache dirlist and webdav combination etc. These are (mostly) the secure ways nowadays.

I have have deliberately skipped the FTP from the list, because I don't recommend to use that. It sends the login informations as plain text to the server. So it can be sniffed easily... And also, I think the NAS has an old pureftpd server, it might contain some vulnerablities too.