General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:01 am 

sushuiren wrote:
I have the same problem as below, please kindly help me with the solution, Thanks a lot!!!

"I can not understand why you preferred a dir for downloads into the HD_a2 folder and you didn't into the same as others? (HD_a2/admin/transmission, HD_a2/admin/transmission/incomplete)
My problem is that all downloaded (100%) torrents are stored into the dir HD_a2/downloads and i can not access them (copy or cut them into another dir of my choice)...
I tried to change the permissions of the dir HD_a2/downloads, giving chown 777 "downloads" but i still can't see them, moreover cut or copy them...
I know that something i have missed to all these but i am at the moment too confused...
I tried and succeeded to run 4.40 firmware with FFPStick-2012-03-19, curl-7.21.4-arm-1.txz and Transmission-2.50-arm-1.txz
My only problem now is to find out how i can see and manage my downloaded files...and this can not be done with the dir HD_a2/downloads.
Any suggestions?

P.S. Thanks sew for the valuable tutorial on how to set up Transmission!"

Can you access predefined shares-music, photo and video folders? /mnt/HD_a2/downloads folder must be configured via zyxel nas configuration page in same manier like predefined folders, to access it over network. See atached example. Edit share-/mnt/HD_a2/downloads settings and set Enable this share and Make Share Public. Then you will can access share via Windows explorer (not internet explorer) by typing \\YourNasIp\downloads or \\nsa310\downloads or you can map this path as network drive. Also there is a possibility to set folder to private. In that case you will must to enter user name and password to login to such configured folder. Workaround is simple-just tick remember my password on login screen. Private folder is more secure.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:10 am 

barmalej2 wrote:
sushuiren wrote:
I have the same problem as below, please kindly help me with the solution, Thanks a lot!!!

"I can not understand why you preferred a dir for downloads into the HD_a2 folder and you didn't into the same as others? (HD_a2/admin/transmission, HD_a2/admin/transmission/incomplete)
My problem is that all downloaded (100%) torrents are stored into the dir HD_a2/downloads and i can not access them (copy or cut them into another dir of my choice)...
I tried to change the permissions of the dir HD_a2/downloads, giving chown 777 "downloads" but i still can't see them, moreover cut or copy them...
I know that something i have missed to all these but i am at the moment too confused...
I tried and succeeded to run 4.40 firmware with FFPStick-2012-03-19, curl-7.21.4-arm-1.txz and Transmission-2.50-arm-1.txz
My only problem now is to find out how i can see and manage my downloaded files...and this can not be done with the dir HD_a2/downloads.
Any suggestions?

P.S. Thanks sew for the valuable tutorial on how to set up Transmission!"

Can you access predefined shares-music, photo and video folders? /mnt/HD_a2/downloads folder must be configured via zyxel nas configuration page in same manier like predefined folders, to access it over network. See atached example. Edit share-/mnt/HD_a2/downloads settings and set Enable this share and Make Share Public. Then you will can access share via Windows explorer (not internet explorer) by typing \\YourNasIp\downloads or \\nsa310\downloads or you can map this path as network drive. Also there is a possibility to set folder to private. In that case you will must to enter user name and password to login to such configured folder. Workaround is simple-just tick remember my password on login screen. Private folder is more secure.

Hi, thank you for your help for the above!! I already solved this issue.
Now I am using Tansmission 2.5.0, but the download speed is pretty slow.
I attched the screen cut for your referrence. Can you help me with that? PS, my internet download speed is 20m.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:17 am 

I didn't encountered with it. My download speed reaches up to 100Mbps. Does this poor speed always stays low? Speed can depend on many many different factors including speed of peers you are downloading from, cable and connection to your NAS and etc. What speed is declared by your internet provider? What is a type of your internet connection? (DSL , fibre-optic, others?). Can you test download speed with direct connection to your computer?
Let's start from your NAS network card configuration. Execute this command on your NAS from command line (SSH or terminal):
Code:
ethtool egiga0

and paste result here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 am 

barmalej2 wrote:
I didn't encountered with it. My download speed reaches up to 100Mbps. Does this poor speed always stays low? Speed can depend on many many different factors including speed of peers you are downloading from, cable and connection to your NAS and etc. What speed is declared by your internet provider? What is a type of your internet connection? (DSL , fibre-optic, others?). Can you test download speed with direct connection to your computer?
Let's start from your NAS network card configuration. Execute this command on your NAS from command line (SSH or terminal):
Code:
ethtool egiga0

and paste result here.

Hi, thank you for your help.This is my NAS network card configuration.And my internet connection is fibre-optic.

/ # ethtool egiga0
Settings for egiga0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 1000Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: MII
PHYAD: 1
Transceiver: internal
Auto-negotiation: on
Link detected: yes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 am 

First please answer my earlier questions:
Does this poor speed always stays low?
Can you test download speed with direct connection to your computer (wired)?

I suggest to do the following test-download the same torrent to computer and to NAS simultaneously? Check the speed of download to computer and to NAS. At the half of download pause download on NAS and check the download speed on computer again, then pause download on computer and start donwloading on NAS (vice versa). Check the speed on NAS again. Paste here-must be 4 results. Almost forget-disable before the test "local peer discovery" on both torrent download programs- transmission and torrent's program on your computer. After test you can enable this again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:43 am 

barmalej2 wrote:
First please answer my earlier questions:
Does this poor speed always stays low?
Can you test download speed with direct connection to your computer (wired)?

I suggest to do the following test-download the same torrent to computer and to NAS simultaneously? Check the speed of download to computer and to NAS. At the half of download pause download on NAS and check the download speed on computer again, then pause download on computer and start donwloading on NAS (vice versa). Check the speed on NAS again. Paste here-must be 4 results. Almost forget-disable before the test "local peer discovery" on both torrent download programs- transmission and torrent's program on your computer. After test you can enable this again.

Thank you for your help!!! The speed problem has been solved. The reason is the I mis-press the turtle buttom.

One more question: Please see attached screen-cut. Why the memory usage gets almots full so quickly? It takes 3 days to reach 90% full.
How I deal with it now is simply " Restart" the NAS. What's the reasons of that? Is that any setting-up to control the memory usage getting full so fast?
Furthermore, where can I download software to my ANDROID mobile to remote control transmission? A download weblink will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:55 am 

sushuiren wrote:
Why the memory usage gets almots full so quickly? It takes 3 days to reach 90% full.
How I deal with it now is simply " Restart" the NAS. What's the reasons of that? Is that any setting-up to control the memory usage getting full so fast?
Apparently one program is leaking memory. You can install and run 'htop' to find out which one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:39 pm 

sushuiren wrote:
Furthermore, where can I download software to my ANDROID mobile to remote control transmission? A download weblink will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Here you are:
Transdroid is currently unavailable in the Android Market. However, you can get it directly from the Google Code site, where all Transdroid versions are available. On your device you may use the short URL: transdroid.org/latest

To use the search feature in Transdroid you also need the Torrent Search library from the Google Code site, or directly: transdroid.org/latest-search

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:13 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
sushuiren wrote:
Why the memory usage gets almots full so quickly? It takes 3 days to reach 90% full.
Apparently one program is leaking memory. You can install and run 'htop' to find out which one.

Hello, thank you very much for the reply. where can I find "htop", how to install and how to use? Sorry, first time I hear about this "htop".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm 

sushuiren wrote:
where can I find "htop", how to install
slacker -Ui htop
Quote:
and how to use?
Just run it, and see which program uses absurdly much memory ('VIRT' or 'MEM%')

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 pm 

Hello, SEW

Thank you for the guide. I already successfully set up the Transmission BT on NSA-320. I had a 2T hard drive which is already full. Therefore, I bought a new 2T hard drive last week.
As I am not quick familier with code,I stricktly follow your steps.
However, I have two questions here:
1. How can I add the available disk to the existing JBOD volume, expanding the size of the JBOD volume? I tried several times, all failed. Please see attached photo1 for your referrence.

2.I want to make the new hard drive a seperate JBOD volume, and then create a new folder in it. Tried but failed. Please see attached photo2 for your referrence. What's the solution?

Thanks.

[quote="sew"]The following tutorial will guide you step-by-step through the process of setting-up Transmission BT on FFP-0.5 b]NSA310[/b] (apparently there is a problem with uClibc in FFP-0.7/oarm).
This trunning on [utorial is by Linux Rookie and is meant for Rookies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:03 pm 

HELP NEEDED!!
Thank you guys. Much appreciated!!!

sushuiren wrote:
Hello, SEW

Thank you for the guide. I already successfully set up the Transmission BT on NSA-320. I had a 2T hard drive which is already full. Therefore, I bought a new 2T hard drive last week.
As I am not quick familier with code,I stricktly follow your steps.
However, I have two questions here:
1. How can I add the available disk to the existing JBOD volume, expanding the size of the JBOD volume? I tried several times, all failed. Please see attached photo1 for your referrence.

2.I want to make the new hard drive a seperate JBOD volume, and then create a new folder in it. Tried but failed. Please see attached photo2 for your referrence. What's the solution?

Thanks.

sew wrote:
The following tutorial will guide you step-by-step through the process of setting-up Transmission BT on FFP-0.5 b]NSA310[/b] (apparently there is a problem with uClibc in FFP-0.7/oarm).
This trunning on [utorial is by Linux Rookie and is meant for Rookies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:38 am 

Dear friends here, i need your help!
I just updated the fonz fun plug to my NSA 310 from version 0.7zypkg002 to version 0.7zypkg003 and now my transmission client can not start.
How can i solve this issue, please?
I recently installed FFP to my NSA 310 HDD and all were working perfect.
When i updated FFP, transmission can not work anymore...
Please...
Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am 

Are you aware that upgrading to zypkg 3 deleted your FFP tree, unless you first removed /usr/local/zy-pkgs/zypkg_conf/info/ffp.postrm?
So maybe you have to reinstall transmission.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm 

What is output:
Code:
ldd /ffp/bin/transmission-daemon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next