General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 pm 

Now I can confirm Serviio 1.2.1 is running perfectly on NSA310 with ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-1.txz (with no hard subs support).
After trying to upgrade to ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-2.txz, the ffmpeg - version returns:
Code:
ffmpeg: can't load library 'libfribidi.so.0'

I've installed all packages mentioned above by MisterXY and libass-0.10.1-arm-1.txz.
What I'm missing?
Thank you in advance!
P.S. Sorry for the stupid (maybe) questions, I'm total newby on this. I've read a lot to manage to get this far, but could not find the way to run Serviio 1.2.1 with hardsubs support on NSA310.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:54 pm 

for this version, you need also other lybaris.
You need the fribidi-0.19.5-arm-1, freetype-2.4.11-arm-1, fontconfig-2.10.91-arm-1 and the libass-0.10.1-arm-1. Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:03 am 

Guys,

Can someone help me out?
I am trying to use the ffmpeg wrapper described here:
http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6458

However I do not know in which serviio file I need to add the script content. Secondly if I need to create a .sh out of it how do I tell Serviio to use it during transcoding in flowplayer?

Any instructions are appreciated.

Thank you,
Fremske

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:59 am 

Fremske wrote:
Any instructions are appreciated.

Sure no problem ;). First off you need to create the ffmpeg-wrapper.sh
Code:
nano -w /ffp/opt/serviio/bin/ffmpeg-wrapper.sh

Then paste in Patters script.

Make the script executable
Code:
chmod a+x /ffp/opt/serviio/bin/ffmpeg-wrapper.sh

Then the script expects the ffmpeg executable to be in the /ffp/opt/serviio/bin/ directory. I created a symlink via
Code:
ln -s /ffp/bin/ffmpeg /ffp/opt/serviio/bin/ffmpeg

Then followed point 4 of http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=refresh_on_demand_linux...
Quote:
In your linux console/ssh, logged in as root, go to $SERVIIO_HOME/bin/ (/ffp/opt/serviio/bin/) directory. Look for the following file: serviio.sh. In the file, search for JAVA_OPTS=.

Add/Update -Dffmpeg.location=$SERVIIO_HOME/bin/ffmpeg-wrapper.sh within the double-quotes after JAVA_OPTS=.

Restart serviio. Then tail -f /ffp/opt/serviio/log/ffmpeg-wrapper.log to check that all is working.

Hope that helps...

Cheers Normsland

Last edited by normsland on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:27 am 

Hi Normsland,

Thanks for the instructions!
I followed every single step, however found some issues.

I use ServiiGo (android app) to play content on my smartphone from the NAS, when I select a movie (avi) to play from the NAS on the phone the logging is showing me this:

tail: /ffp/opt/serviio/log/ffmpeg-wrapper.log: file truncated
/ffp/opt/serviio/bin/ffmpeg -threads auto -i '/i-data/md0/nfs/Series/The Wire/Season 1/The.Wire.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-TRONDi.avi' -y -c:v mpeg2video -b:v 500k -maxrate:v 500k -bufsize:v 500k -vf scale=426:240 -r 24000/1001 -g 15 -c:a libshine -b:a 320k -ar 22050 -ac 2 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -f mpegts /ffp/tmp/Serviio/transcoding-temp-9278-serviigo-LOW.stf

This seems good however the smartphone is telling me that it can not open the file and play it. Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

Thank you,
Fremko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:44 am 

Hi Fremske

I have had a similar problem with MediaBrowser. In flowplayer, if you try and view a video file in low quality it doesn't seem to work. Medium or Original resolutions seem to work ok. However I came to same conclusion as aTan that a NSA325 is too slow for transcoding video (remuxing seems to be fine though). I'd suggest downloading BubbleUPnP and MX Player from Google Play. Then use BubbleUPnP for watching your videos.

Thanks

normsland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:05 am 

Hey Folks...
I was trying to install Serviio 1.2 on my NSA325, when I realized (thankfully in time) that I need ffmpeg 1.1.1 to make it work. I'm a total noob to linux and have been trying to follow instructions on http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8933
Could someone please please me, where all do i need to modify the steps in this guide? Would appreciate any help..

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm 

Fremske wrote:

Yesterday I have re-installed all the FFmpeg 1.1.1 packages (incl. Libass binaries) provided by Mijzelf and now Serviio 1.2.1 is running sweeet! I used the tutorial provided by DeanoX (link: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8933) to setup Serviio 1.2.1

hi all,

I've been trying to do the same today but I stumble across two issues:

1: I can't find this package in slacker: ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-2.txz - only ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-1.txz is there. Do I really need ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-2.txz or will ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-1.txz be enough to work properly with serviio 1.2.1? I read that mijzelf hasn't updated the repo's yet - is there any indication if and when this would happen?

I found that arm-2 is present here: http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... s/0.7/arm/
the question is how do I install this manually? Can you describe the steps you took to do this?

2: how to update / upgrade serviio v1.1 that is currently running on my NSA325. Should I just follow the same instructions as the for v1.1 but just change the filenames to v1.2.1? Or is there a more efficient way of doing this?

Any help or clear instructions would be appreciated :) I used this tutorial to install serviio 1.1: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8933

thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:58 pm 

tokkietor wrote:
1: I can't find this package in slacker: ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-2.txz - only ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-1.txz is there. Do I really need ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-2.txz or will ffmpeg-1.1.1-arm-1.txz be enough to work properly with serviio 1.2.1? I read that mijzelf hasn't updated the repo's yet - is there any indication if and when this would happen?

I managed to uninstall the old version and reinstall this one manually by following the instructions bundeled with the funpkg. "But there are also packages around which are not in repositories. You can download and install them manually:
wget url-to-package.txz
funpkg -i package.txz "

So that's solved now :)

the only thing i'm facing now is how to upgrade serviio to 1.2.1...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 pm 

Hey Guys
I now have both ffmpeg 1.1.2 and serviio 1.2 installed on my NSA325. However, even though the files are detected all normally, I'm experiencing serious lag about 10 seconds into the video playback, while streaming to a Toshiba TV (YL863).
Please note, that Toshiba TV's do not support most video formats so the NAS has to handle the transcoding.
Is the NSA325 not capable of handling the transcoding ? Are there setting that I can change to fix this? Is it a problem with the way I installed serviio?
Please help!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:58 am 

Sorry to disappoint you. Most of arm based CPU NAS'es (or maybe all of them) are too weak for transcoding video. Your question should be a statement:NSA325 is not capable of handling the transcoding video!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:12 pm 

Thanks barmalej2
Had I known about this, I would have probably invested in a different NAS and, at least, not wasted all these weeks on trying to make Serviio work.
Anyway. So, in your opinion, is there no other DLNA server which could make this work on my NAS? And I would have to now invest in a media streaming device that doesn't require transcoding?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 am 

thedeadlyone wrote:
Thanks barmalej2
Had I known about this, I would have probably invested in a different NAS and, at least, not wasted all these weeks on trying to make Serviio work.
Anyway. So, in your opinion, is there no other DLNA server which could make this work on my NAS?
Serviio is the only one DLNA program, which let's to user choose: enable or disable video transcoding on arm based CPU's. On others DLNA programs, it is disabled by default, due to lack of power on arm CPU's.
BTW. Recently, I have seen MiniDLNA with transcoding capabilities patch on Kylek's repo. Maybe it's worth try it to you?
thedeadlyone wrote:
And I would have to now invest in a media streaming device that doesn't require transcoding?

I am not recommending anything, I have never tried. Sorry, but I am not expert in this field.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:29 am 

Hey thedeadlyone,
If you want to have a good transcoding tool try: Universal Media Server (v3.01) this can be installed on your pc, laptop and it can stream and transcode every movie. If you have at least an intel i5, i7 it can even transcode in full 1080p.

If you really want to do transcoding from a NAS, you should probably invest in the Synology DS714. This NAS is specialized in 1080p transcoding. Search google fro the specs.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Fremko

thedeadlyone wrote:
Thanks barmalej2
Anyway. So, in your opinion, is there no other DLNA server which could make this work on my NAS? And I would have to now invest in a media streaming device that doesn't require transcoding?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 am 

any idea if it is necessary to uninstall serviio 1.1 first before installing 1.2.1? Or is it ok to follow the previous install procedure while changing the version nr's and overwriting the old install?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next