General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 am 

Hi everyone,

I have a NSA310 with FFP 0.7 and Java 7 (headless) and Serviio 1.1. installed but I would very much like to upgrade to Serviio 1.2. However it seems Serviio 1.2 requires the FFmpeg 1.1.1 binaries to be installed on our Zyxel machines in order to run and to be able to trans-coding.

I have found the FFmpeg 1.1.1 Linux package (tarball) on the Serviio source page but I do not know how to compile the binary for our Zyxel FFP platform. Also when using Slacker I see that the latest version is FFmpeg 0.11.2 which seems to me a bit outdated :o

Link to FFmpeg 1.1.1 source:
http://download.serviio.org/opensource/ ... 1.1.tar.gz

My request to Mijzelf and barmalej to assist if you want and even more ideally to include FFmpeg 1.1.1 to Slacker for Zyxel :D

Cheers,
Fremko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm 

Compile and make FFMEG package itself is a simple task, but compile FFMEG fully adapted for Serviio is much more complicated task, as it needs some more dependable libraries included and compiled, which require more additional libraries compiled and patching and so on. This task needs a lot of time and I am working on it, but I can't promise that it will be soon.

P.S. Serviio needs the exact version of ffmeg compiled. It is just coincidence, that previous version 1.1 of Serviio worked with 0.11.2 of ffmeg, because it was the only version, that Serviio supported. And only with Serviio 1.2 release, support of new version ffmeg is updated

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm 

Hi barmalej2,

Good to see you around!

barmalej2, I think someone all ready did some work for us...see the below links.
Can we perhaps use this syno package and modify it it to fit the NSA-310 needs?
I know the Synology DS212J is using the same Marvel Kirkwood cpu as in the Zyxel NSA310.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Fremko

Links:
http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2012/01/25/se ... o-package/
http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2012/10/12/ff ... -synology/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:21 pm 

Maybe it's worth to try, but I think ffmpeg binary should fail due to different libraries paths in Synology. During compiling configuration , result binary is adapted to paths, where to search libraries and they are different on our FFP platform.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:47 pm 

Hi barmalej2,

I just did some research on the web and found the below tutorial on compiling and setting-up FFmpeg on DSN-325 (same box/hardware as our NSA-310). If I use the tutorial and download the FFmpeg 1.1.1 source (from http://www.serviio.org/download) I would guess we have a strong foundation to run Serviio 1.2?

Link:
http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/dns325/249- ... olame-opus

What do you think?

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Fremko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 pm 

I am using both sources already for this task, but it is not so simple, if you wanna include all. I see, that Patters updated topic about ffmpeg compiling and solved some problems. That is good news and will save us time. Meanwhile, you can install ffmpeg, according Bernaerts tutorial and it will work with some limitations on serviio 1.2, but it will not be fully adapted to Serviio, as Patters did.

P.S. If someone has more time and willingness , I will be happy to transfer this task to him :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 am 

Is it possible to compile with librtmp?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:52 pm 

It should be for Serviio and will be.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:05 pm 

serviio need it for web ressource streaming and i thing, serviio need lame for flv videos from web.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:08 pm 

You are right thinging :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:13 pm 

ok :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 am 

Hi barmalej2,

I have question, I would like to download, recompile and upgrade my FFmpeg codec on my NSA310.
Currently I am running the pre-compiled mz:FFmpeg 0.11.1, however I would like make my own complied version from this source:
git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git and to including Libshine.

I have been working with the following commands but it is not working, I get errors that it fails in make.

# cd /ffp/home/root
# git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg
# cd ffmpeg
# sed -i 's/^#!.*$/#!\/ffp\/bin\/sh/g' configure
# ./configure --disable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-libx264 --enable-libshine --enable-libfdk_aac --enable-libtwolame --enable-libopus --prefix=/ffp
# make
# make install

Can you high level describe the steps how I can compile and install a new version of FFmpeg on the NSA310?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Fremske.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:11 pm 

If I would have done that, you would know already. Anyway, I suppose, you have compiled and installed x264, libshine, libfdk_aac, libtwolame, libopus libraries. Also patched ffmpeg to support libshine? Do the configuring ffmpeg went succesfully? What errors are you getting?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:40 pm 

Actually, I even did not come that far.

I am following this tutorial:
http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/dns325/249- ... olame-opus

I was able to install binaries x264
Lame is all ready installed via Slacker pre-compiled by ULI
However in step 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 things are not working, everytime when I get to the point to make and make install. I am getting all kinds or error lines that it was unable to make also I am getting "No targets specified and no makefile found".

So I am wondering are these the right configuration parameters for our NSA310?

# autoreconf -i
# sed -i 's/^#!.*$/#!\/ffp\/bin\/sh/g' configure
# ./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/ffp

Do you have any clue?

Thanks,
Fremske

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:20 pm 

Fremske wrote:
Do you have any clue?
Thanks,
Fremske

Oh yes, man. You trying to configure ffmeg with external libraries, that you don't have (twolame, fdk-aac, shine, opus). Either you exclude them from ffmpeg ./configure, either you compile and install them. This tutorial is brilliant and I don't see any errors on it. If you not following it carefully, it is your problem. You should also must have at least basic clue, what you are doing, when you doing such things.
Cheers,
B