General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:40 am 

First, I've scanned the entries in the forum and didn't see anything similar to my problem.

I've had the NSA-325 about 2 weeks and like it a lot (second one, actually, as the first was DOA). Anyway, things have gone well and I've loaded it up with backed up files and media to serve. All has been working fine. Then a couple of days ago, I found I can't log in via the web interface. Everything else is OK...I can read/write to the drive shares, backups are being performed, media is being served, just can't get to the administration web page. Sometimes I get as far as a blue bar down the left side, but nothing else. The browser is IE10 and I've tried clearing the cache and cookies to no avail. This is the computer I did all the setup from so it was working.

On another computer, without installing the client software, I can connect to the NSA-325's ip address and get the basic web page and when I select Administration, I get to the full-up admin web page. This computer has IE9.

So, it is working fine and I can even administer it, just not from my main computer.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 am 

I read somewhere that the 'compatibility mode' of IE10 was needed. But I don't know what that is or how to use it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
I read somewhere that the 'compatibility mode' of IE10 was needed. But I don't know what that is or how to use it.

At your suggestion, I've tried the "Compatibility View" without any change. Also, unless an IE10 update was pushed within the last few days (and there were some Win 7 updates over the last few days), nothing has changed in my browser configuration between the time it worked and now.

Thanks for the idea, in any case.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:47 pm 

Well, it is definitely an IE10 issue, or an update to the NSA325 which is IE10 incompatible. Chrome woks fine from the same system that can't connect via IE10. Probably some setting in IE10 that would fix this, but not a big issue since I have other routes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:08 am 

Greetings :) .

I have a similar problem, im stuck at the login screen with an "unexpected error" massage after firmware upgrade. I tried to login with all user account but i get the same error :( . I have no idea what to doo. I hope it can be solved...

Thanks for the help in advance.

/EDIT
The shares are working and the Starter Utility see the nas. It appears only the web interface is dead... :S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 am 

Try to reset your browser settings to default condition.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:48 pm 

Thanks :) . For IE this solved it. But my firefox is a little bit strange. I tried it before i rested the explorer and opened it without reset(when i wrote the previous post the firefox get the same error)...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:24 pm 

Just had the exact same issue after a firmware update to 4.60. Neither Firefox nor multiple different browsers on my phone get past the login screen. All displayed "Unexpected Error" but IE worked fine.

However, if you add /r38044,/adv,/loginwrap.html to the web address in Firefox, the login works fine. Give it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm 

I've been having a similar problem - everything on my NSA325 works perfectly except the web interface, which suddenly stops working after a certain amount of time.

It's not a problem with my browser - I've confirmed on different browsers and different devices that all previously worked with the NAS. Once it's down, it's down for everything.

All I get is an "Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection." message.

I've tried the usual variations on the URL - with and without https, /loginwrap etc, but no dice. It's as if the web interface service has crashed. The only way I can get it to come back up is to reboot the NAS, something I'm loath to do too often.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing it, or how to stop it from happening?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 am 

@Karaden: What are you doing with the webinterface?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:27 pm 

I'm simply trying to log into the administration page in my web browser.

I don't even get as far as the log in page, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:42 am 

You might be able to restart the webserver manually. Enable the telnet daemon in the webinterface (yes, you'll have to do that while it's still accessible).
When the webserver crashes, you can login over telnet (as root), and execute
Code:
/etc/init.d/httpd.sh restart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 pm 

Okay, I'll give that a go - thank you! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm 

Same thing happened to me, in the end just used factory reset (at the back of nas) this returned the password to "1234".. Didn't effect the data on the nas just had to redo configurations. I've now saved the config file should this happen again.