General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:01 pm 

normsland wrote:
Kuki wrote:
Is the backup still working at anybody's NSA325?!
Please give me a feedback, whether the problem I have is just here or whether it isn't working anymore (with new Windows clients ....)!

Still working for me. I haven't changed anything and it is still working. Although still using Crashplan 4.4.1 on Windows to connect to the NAS to configure.

How could you prevent the Windows client from updating? Perhaps this is the reason for my problem as the clients are already 4.7!

--- EDIT ---

I managed to prevent the Windows Client from upgrading, so it stays on the version 4.4.1, which works fine with the NAS.

How?
I revoked the permissions of the user SYSTEM for the subfolder "upgrade" in the Crashplan installation folder. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:40 pm 

@Kuki

Are you also getting false not backed up alerts using version 4.4.1?
I'm getting them quite often, but when I check crashplan logs everything seems to be working OK.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:41 pm 

@cannonball
No, the backups are finished without problems or warnings. I have only each time I open the program the information, that the upgrade wasn't successful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:42 pm 

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, you're not getting any email alerts, like Computer not backed up?
Weekly email backup reports are always OK?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:24 am 

@cannonball
Yes, you're right. I have also no competition information online at crashplan.com but in the e-mail reports it's available:

Example:
Quote:
Aspire V5 → NSA325-v2 30.7GB ↑196.1MB 57k ↑2k 99.9% - 15.4 hrs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:10 pm 

I think Crashplan could be going the way of the dodo for anything that isn't x86 based. They have added a new library libc42archive.so which is proprietary and doesn't have an ARM version. It seems that guys on Synology forums are complaining. Once Crashplan 4.4.1 stops working on my Zyxel NSA325 I will probably move across to rclone and Backblaze B2 cloud storage. Not as flexible as Crashplan but cheap and you can point rclone at whatever cloud storage providers you feel like.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 am 

Just a reminder. My annual subscription for "Crashplan for home" came to an end, so I raised a ticket with support to ask them how much longer Crashplan 4.4.1 was supported on old Linux kernels. The response from support was..
Quote:
Hello,
Version 4.4.1 is currently not supported, as we only support the latest release in out Consumer cloud.
CrashPlan For Home Software Version Policy
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
MikeW
Code42 Support
So if you are going to use Crashplan to backup to "Crashplan Central". I would suggest only a monthly subscription at best or a different provider because it looks as though Crashplan could stop working anytime soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8