General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:31 pm 

Hi,
I did not post a reply your question because i was trying to backup and image the drives that I have. this is taking 8h per drive and there is 4 of them.

I will post the replies once i am done and reassembled the unit again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:43 pm 

First of all make the backup of your all RAID hard drive, before it attempts to rebuild the array risk loosing your content forever. You can use it as a backup device later on. Any valuable data should not be trusted to RAID without a full backup solution. So if one drive failed, you can take it out and back in again, instead of putting a brand new disk to rebuild the array. RAID 5 is supposed to handle 1 failed drive without problem. You can still try that after you've backed up your current disks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 pm 

Does anyone have a conclusion to this thread? I am experienceing a similar issue with my ix4-200d. I had drive 1 go bad. I replaced it and the device tried to reconstruct the data but failed. I rebooted the device and it attempted to reconstruct the data again. At this point the file structure was in tact and I should have backed up my files but didn't. This time the device failed and no data is readable. I have attempted to recover the disks using the support.html but the device gets stuck on 75%. I have backed up the images of the drives with drive 1 having some hardware issue so I only really have 3 good disks which may be why the recovery is freezing at 75%. I can SSH into the device and when I run

cat /proc/mounts
cat /proc/partitions

My results are identical to the thread. I have not tried to do a read only mount yet. As soon as my current recovery is finished I will attempt the read only mount.
Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 pm 

Hello, does anyone fix this problem? if so i very appreciate the solution or workaround to get back the information.

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:40 pm 

I have the same issue, same device. Were you able to solve your problem?