General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 am 

My Nas is now working with 4x HD204UI harddisks.

My Log:

I edited the script and created a new file on ubuntu (Firmware file Cloud Edition).
I copied the file to multiple usb sticks, only with one usb stick the update is working.
I installed the update on one drive (with 4 drives the update fails). After the update i placed the other disks.
Now the NAS is booting with all the drives , i created the Raid 5 set on the webpage of the NAS.

Tips:
Try multiple usb sticks and hard drives types.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 am 

Can you give the specs of the stick which worked, and the sticks which didn't work?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:49 pm 

Hello ladiko

Great description but I have one problem. I have no pc with 4 trays. I only have
- macmini
- imac
- macbook pro

How can I get these drive with running again. I have an windows laptop and can do an lowlevel format. Should this be enough?

My drive is now running vor more then 48 hour and stucks at 75%. No ideas how many weeks it will take before it finish booting. My drive contains no data. I update the firmware to 2.1.40 and the drive firmware to cc38. After the reboot nothing happens anymore :-(

Regards
Gérard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 pm 

Hello

If my 4 drive are empty, how long does it takes till the whole unit will be recovered and will boot as an virgin NAS?

It is really a missing that no indication is giving how long it takes. My Unit is now for at nearly 55 hours in a 75% status :-(

Regards
Gérard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:49 pm 

it's recovering / preparing the disks? 55 hours seems to be too long, at least for my original 500GB HDDs. Do you use 4x 2TB?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 pm 

I have only 4*1Tb

I spoke with Iomega. They advice me to start with 1 drive and go as long as it stucks. Then put in a second drive etc.

It indicates that drive 1 has problems. So they adviced to put the drive in the last slot while the drive was running. ????

After a restart the whole until still not booting.

I will try to get it work in the Eastern Holidays, I have no time for all this testing :-(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:09 pm 

Hello

I have put in 4 disk which i lowformat.

Then put in 1 drive in the first bay and did the trick with the USB Stick as descripted by Ladiko

Now the system is booting. Then I insert a second drive in bay 2, the third and the 4th

In the GUI, the drive are all visible
1) Green HD Icon OK
2) Green HD Icon with a Yellow Warning
3) Transparant HD Icon with a Yellow Warning
4) Transparant HD Icon with a Yellow Warning

In the Display of the NAS is a message that I need the overwrite the second drive. I conformed this about 6 times, still the same result.
On the NAS the RED warning LED is blinking now for about 5 hours.

How long does it take till the second drive is integrated in the unit. Do I need to do the same procedure for the 3th and 4th drive?

Is it maybe better to lowformat the drives again. But them all 4 together in the NAS and then boot with the USB Stick described by ladiko. Maybe that goes faster. I want to used the NAS and not wait days before the unit is finished.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 am 

i had all 4 drives in the NAS, just formatted the partition tables before and then booted the USB thumb drive and waited some hours, but not longer than 3 or 4. Maybe only 1 or 2, i can't remember it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:34 pm 

Hello

i have a question i have 4 x ix4 200D al the iomega drive's have no hard disk en i have a question

run this thiks also with one drive.

And can i also do the systeemrecovery.

this is waht the iomega ix4 do

when i power op the ix4 it's direct blikt the whith led en powerd op the lcd display abouwt a 45 sec in the lcd display i get a netwerk en a Batterij???? symbol.

i hope you can help my with this thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm 

Seems this device is bricked.
I tried the process and it ended at 75 percent, but when turned off would not restart. Now it restarts continuously.

The Iomega logo appears and after few seconds restarts, I can not flash again as I get the usb and network icon on the LCD.

Any way to JTAG the board? I see a header pin.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:15 pm 

Just messing around with the script I seem to get hung up on this process when executing "cp -p $ix4/apps/usr/local/cfg/config.gz $ix4/images/". At least i think it is at this point.
I receive "cp: failed to preserve ownership for `/media/sdc1/ix4-200d-3.2.6.17887-files/images/config.gz': Operation not permitted"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 pm 

what do ls -la /media/sdc1/ix4-200d-3.2.6.17887-files/images/config.gz and stat /media/sdc1/ix4-200d-3.2.6.17887-files/images/config.gz tell you about the owner of the file?

Before you start it, you could sudo chown $yourusername:$yourusername -R /media/sdc1/ix4-200d-3.2.6.17887-files/ to fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:32 pm 

this thing is driving me insane - eve now I'm getting the USB to "read" each time.

I keep seeing 75% go past, then the NAS shuts down. On reboot, I keep coming back to the USB / Network icon on the panel....

I've tried 2 disks, a single disk, and I assume that if the USB drive read gets to 75% progress then that should be working OK.

I'm trying to install and reset using Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB, already flashed to CC49 firmware using Seagate Tools

Any other ideas??

I honestly am shocked there is so little support or info from Iomega on how to do something simple like replace the hard drives. Will not be going near Iomega again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:56 am 

My 5 cents worth that may help others in the future..

I have an old ix4-200d 2TB (4 x 500GB HDD)

I tried to upgrade the NAS to 4 x 2TB SATA3 drive. The NAS detected the drives so I started to rebuild my array 1 drive at a time. It took several days. Once I had replaced all my 500GB drives I still only had 1.4TB (raid 5) of space.

At this point I realised the NAS wasn't smart enough to expand my raid/storage and utilise all of the disk space available. So i backed up my Data and deleted the array.

This is when things went bad. It rebooted and stopped at 75% while booting. I left it there for 2 days. I then realised it was bricked and found myself here.

My process to recover my NAS

Download:
http://downloads.iomega.nas-central.org ... 0ix4-200d/

Format USB key as FAT32 (Used USB with indicator light)

Used Winrar to extract the Firmware

Copied the extracted folder extactly like this (X:\emctools\ix4-200d_images\ix4-boot.tgz), were X:\ drive is the FAT32 formatted USB key.

Powered down my NAS.
push and hold in RESET button with a pen
Turn NAS on while holding the RESET button in
waited about 30 seconds until my USB key started flashing
The NAS did it's thing and started rebuilding my raid

The NAS then took over 3 days to rebuild my raid. 1% would take a few hours. So just hang in there!

After this was complete my NAS was online, reset back to DHCP and the name of "storage" and seeing my 5.5TB of storage.

I am using the below disks

Disk 4 (WD20EARS-00MVWB0, 51.0AB51) 1.8 TB
Disk 3 (WD20EARX-00PASB0, 51.0AB51) 1.8 TB
Disk 2 (WD20EARX-00PASB0, 51.0AB51) 1.8 TB
Disk 1 (WD20EARX-00PASB0, 51.0AB51) 1.8 TB

Data Protection:Parity
Available Storage:5.5 TB
Write Caching:Always enabled
External Storage:None Connected

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:45 am 

Hi all,
I'd broke my ix4-200d cloud edition.
i'd formated my 4 drives 1To
I'd used the ladiko/masteroid's method with the LadiKo's files.
masteroid ----> thanks for all
My Ix4 run ....
... but in standard version... 2.1.42.
The last ix4-200d-cloud's version is 3.2.6.17887 (my ix4)

is it possible to creat a new ix4-boot.tgz for cloud edition ??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next