General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 7:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:23 pm 

Hello here you the points in detail first in Italian next in English.

This will work also with pen drives with no LED

Versione Italiana

1 - Formattare FAT32 una pen drive, meglio se è una col LED
2 - Eseguire DriveFWUpdater-1.8.exe per prepararla coi percorsi lenovo ( attualmente scaricabile da questo link http://download.lenovo.com/nasupdate/io ... er-1.8.exe preso da https://lenovo-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... a_id/24661 )
3 - per sicurezza rimuovere le directory create e non necessarie e tenere solo quella "ix4-200d_images"
4 - copiare l'immagine ix4-boot.tgz in X:\emctools\ix4-200d_images\ix4-boot.tgz dove X: è la chiavetta
5 - mettere la chiavetta nella USB frontale (potrebbe funzionare anche in quelle sul retro)
6 - premere il pulsante reset dietro al NAS e tenerlo premuto (è il buchetto sopra a quello del trasformatore)
7 - accendere l'unità col reset premuto e tenerlo premuto
8 - tenere premuto anche se sul display ci sono icona pen drive e network ( come in questa foto viewtopic.php?p=17251#p17251 )
9 - dopo meno di 5 minuti il led comincia a lampeggiare ovvero la chiavetta inizia ad essere letta, si può lasciare il pulsante rest; se la chiavetta non ha un LED, basta attendere che sul display del NAS inizi quanto al punto seguente
10 - sul display compare la percentuale di progresso e a questo punto si puo' lasciare il pulsante reset
11 - al 75% il NAS si spegne di brutto senza preavvisi
12 - accendendo il NAS , inizia l'inizializzazione dei dischi con messaggio sul display "Data protection is being reconstructed"
13 - alla fine potreste considerare di aggiornare il NAS alla versione rilasciata in giugno 2015 https://lenovo-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... related/1/

Istruzioni prelevate dal sito di recupero dati da NAS www.recupero-dati-nas-raid5.it

English Version

1 - Format one thumb drive in FAT32 , could help if it does have an LED
2 - Run DriveFWUpdater-1.8.exe to create the needed directory ( currently this link works http://download.lenovo.com/nasupdate/io ... er-1.8.exe taken from https://lenovo-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... a_id/24661 )
3 - for security, do remove the not needed directories and keep only the "ix4-200d_images"
4 - copy the image ix4-boot.tgz to X:\emctools\ix4-200d_images\ix4-boot.tgz where X: is the letter of your pen drive
5 - fit the pen drive in the frontal USB port (but may work in the rear ones too)
6 - press the reset button on the back panel (it is the hole right above the power supply one) and keep it pressed
7 - turn on the NAS while pressing the reset button and keep it pressed
8 - keep it pressed either if the front screen shows the pen drive icon and the network icon ( like in this picture viewtopic.php?p=17251#p17251 )
9 - after less than five minutes the pen drive' LED will start blinking (if any) mean the reading of the pen drive begins and you can release the reset button; while if your pen drive doesn't have any LED, just wait for the front panel display to turn to a progress bar, like described in the next step
10 - on the front LCD panel will appear a progress bar , now release the reset button
11 - when the progress is at 75% without any message the NAS will shut down
12 - now turn on the NAS , the drives initialization begin with the LCD panel that now prints "Data protection is being reconstructed"
13 - at the end, you may consider upgrading your NAS to the version released in june 2015 https://lenovo-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... related/1/

Instructions taken from this NAS data recovery website www.recupero-dati-nas-raid5.it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:14 am 

Hi,
i know it's an old thread, but i'm still in trouble.

After following Corsari's instructions, my nas shutdown at 75% and restart itself but repeatedly, showing first usb on the display then Iomega logo!!!

"Data protection is being reconstructed" never appears.

I'm stuck!

Thanks in advance to those who will help me solving this big problem.

Fabrizio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:47 am 

You might find the following easier to follow and understand.

http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=251&t=15091&start=15#p93879

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 pm 

the step by step worked, but the unit is not behaving correctly :S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:59 am 

Corsari wrote:

<snip>
English Version

1 - Format one thumb drive in FAT32 , could help if it does have an LED
2 - Run DriveFWUpdater-1.8.exe to create the needed directory ( currently this link works http://download.lenovo.com/nasupdate/io ... er-1.8.exe taken from https://lenovo-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... a_id/24661 )
3 - for security, do remove the not needed directories and keep only the "ix4-200d_images"
4 - copy the image ix4-boot.tgz to X:\emctools\ix4-200d_images\ix4-boot.tgz where X: is the letter of your pen drive
5 - fit the pen drive in the frontal USB port (but may work in the rear ones too)
6 - press the reset button on the back panel (it is the hole right above the power supply one) and keep it pressed
7 - turn on the NAS while pressing the reset button and keep it pressed
8 - keep it pressed either if the front screen shows the pen drive icon and the network icon ( like in this picture viewtopic.php?p=17251#p17251 )
9 - after less than five minutes the pen drive' LED will start blinking (if any) mean the reading of the pen drive begins and you can release the reset button; while if your pen drive doesn't have any LED, just wait for the front panel display to turn to a progress bar, like described in the next step
10 - on the front LCD panel will appear a progress bar , now release the reset button
11 - when the progress is at 75% without any message the NAS will shut down
12 - now turn on the NAS , the drives initialization begin with the LCD panel that now prints "Data protection is being reconstructed"
13 - at the end, you may consider upgrading your NAS to the version released in june 2015 https://lenovo-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/a ... related/1/

Instructions taken from this NAS data recovery website www.recupero-dati-nas-raid5.it

Thanks for the directions Corsari. I registered just to thank you. Several other people in this thread have posted similar information as well, and thanks to you folks too.

My boss purchased two of these things from a guy who "never really got them working right". I got both working, and bought one for 30 dollars (no drives). Anyone know where I can get some of the drive rails? :)

Thanks again!!!
jlaudiofan

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:53 am 

Hi.

Sorry for diggin this post up, but i have a Iomega IX4-200d that is stuck on a Iomega Logo Boot Loop.

I've posted a youtube video demonstrating the issue to provide a better explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGLS5HfHPLM

The unit was working perfectly fine and all of the suddent we noticed that we did not had any access to the contents.

By the time i got to the unit it was this way.

The contents were already recovered using a linux machine, and by now the 4 HDD's have been tested and are 100% functional.

We have tried the methods mentioned above, the HDD partitions have been removed and everything but we just cant get the unit to work.

Any help is welcome.

Best regards,
Paulo Brinca.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:57 pm 

That could be a kernel panic, maybe caused by corrupt flash. In that case a recovery stick doesn't help, as the kernel/initramfs in flash has to mount the stick and execute the install script.

The only way to know is to connect a serial port (3.3V TTL), and have a look at the boot messages.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:53 am 

Hi.

Thanks for the awnser.

That means i'll have to buy a USB TTL UART Serial Converter, and wait until it arrives.

In case it's a Kernel panic and i'm able to comunicate with the NAS device, where can i get the necessary firmware files to fix this issue?

If i'm correct this is something that can be fixed with:

• Direct LAN connection between the PC and NAS;
  • 1x HDD inserted;
  • 1x USB Stick;
  • SSH client (I like to use Putty);
  • And a hand full of luck...

Is this correct or am i missing something?

As soon as i get the USB TTL UART Serial Converter, i'll prepare things and will probably make a video of the repair process...

Best regards,
Paulo Brinca.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:02 pm 

begreat wrote:
In case it's a Kernel panic and i'm able to comunicate with the NAS device, where can i get the necessary firmware files to fix this issue?
On your recovery stick you find one big .tar.gz or .tgz file. Extract that, and you'll find a kernel and an initramfs.

More info on how to flash them here. But first have a look at the bootlog. There might be a totally different issue with your box.

Quote:
If i'm correct this is something that can be fixed with:

• Direct LAN connection between the PC and NAS;
  • 1x HDD inserted;
  • 1x USB Stick;
  • SSH client (I like to use Putty);
  • And a hand full of luck...

Is this correct or am i missing something?
Well, actually you need a lot less. The firmware can be flashed using a serial cable (and a serial terminal, putty will do) and a tftp server.
Then you can use your imager stick.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:54 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
On your recovery stick you find one big .tar.gz or .tgz file. Extract that, and you'll find a kernel and an initramfs.

Ok, i'll check that...

Mijzelf wrote:
But first have a look at the bootlog. There might be a totally different issue with your box.

To check that i'll need the USB TTL UART Serial Converter, correct?

Mijzelf wrote:
The firmware can be flashed using a serial cable (and a serial terminal, putty will do) and a tftp server.

Again, to do this i'll need the USB TTL UART Serial Converter, correct?

I'll need some help by the time i do this procedure.

Mijzelf wrote:
Then you can use your imager stick.

When you say my imager stick, is it the stick created with the instructions on this post?

Thanks again for your help, and sorry for this huge inquiry...

Best regards,
Paulo Brinca

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:43 pm 

begreat wrote:
To check that i'll need the USB TTL UART Serial Converter, correct?
Again, to do this i'll need the USB TTL UART Serial Converter, correct?
Yep.
Quote:
I'll need some help by the time i do this procedure.
And that, my friend, is the reason we have a forum here.
Quote:
When you say my imager stick, is it the stick created with the instructions on this post?
Yep.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:16 pm 

Ok, just got the necessary tool, i'm starting the procedure to see what i can accomplish.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:38 pm 

Ok.

To use the USB 3.3V TTL i'll need help.

This is my device's MB:

Version:

Should i connect the serial in this interface?

Are there any schematics?

Best regards,
Paulo Brinca.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:17 pm 

Ok, i just figured it out.

This is the pinout i used to communicate with the device:

This is the putty configuration:
  • Serial Line: COM17 (it will change for you, you need to find your corresponding COM port)
  • Speed (baud): 115200
  • Connection Type: Serial

And this is what i get on putty:
Code:
 __  __                      _ _
|  \/  | __ _ _ ____   _____| | |
| |\/| |/ _` | '__\ \ / / _ \ | |
| |  | | (_| | |   \ V /  __/ | |
|_|  |_|\__,_|_|    \_/ \___|_|_|
 _   _     ____              _
| | | |   | __ )  ___   ___ | |_
| | | |___|  _ \ / _ \ / _ \| __|
| |_| |___| |_) | (_) | (_) | |_
 \___/    |____/ \___/ \___/ \__|  ** uboot_ver:v1.1.0 **

** MARVELL BOARD: IX4-110 LE

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Oct 15 2009 - 17:28:22) Marvell version: 3.4.18

U-Boot code: 00600000 -> 0067FFF0  BSS: -> 006CF600

Soc: 88F6281 A0 (DDR2)
CPU running @ 1200Mhz L2 running @ 400Mhz
SysClock = 400Mhz , TClock = 200Mhz

DRAM CAS Latency = 5 tRP = 5 tRAS = 18 tRCD=6
DRAM CS[0] base 0x00000000   size 256MB
DRAM CS[1] base 0x10000000   size 256MB
DRAM Total size 512MB  16bit width
Found 0x20 i2c device
Set Power State as Always On
Addresses 8M - 0M are saved for the U-Boot usage.
Mem malloc Initialization (8M - 7M): Done
NAND:32 MB
Found ADT7473, program LED ...(led_volt=90)  OK
Found ADT7473, program thermal/Fan ...(pwm_min=0) (pwm_max=130) (therm=67) (temp_min=60)  OK

Marvell Serial ATA Adapter
Integrated Sata device found

CPU : Marvell Feroceon (Rev 1)
Could not found correct initrd

Streaming disabled
Write allocate disabled

Module 0 is RGMII
Module 1 is RGMII

USB 0: host mode
PEX 0: PCI Express Root Complex Interface
PEX interface detected Link X1
SCSI:  AHCI 0001.0000 32 slots 3 ports 3 Gbps 0x7 impl IDE mode
flags: 64bit ncq stag led pmp slum part
scanning bus for devices...
Net:   egiga0 [PRIME], egiga1
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

NAND read: device 0 offset 0xb0000, size 0x224000

Reading data from 0x2d3e00 -- 100% complete.
 2244608 bytes read: OK

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x2d4000, size 0x224000

Reading data from 0x4f7e00 -- 100% complete.
 2244608 bytes read: OK
## Booting image at 02000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.31.8
   Created:      2012-02-13  21:48:28 UTC
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    2077080 Bytes =  2 MB
   Load Address: 00008000
   Entry Point:  00008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK
## Loading Ramdisk Image at 12000000 ...
Bad Magic Number▒

Hope i'm on the right track...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:01 am 

Success!!!!

The device is alive...

I'm now building the RAID5, so it will take a very long time to finish, but i got unit back.

Thanks for all the help so far, but i'm not stopping here.

I would like to know if i would be able to upgrade the Western Digital WD30EFRX 3TB Red HDD's. This would be awesome.

Like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Red-3TB-Hard-Disk-Drive/dp/B008JJLW4M

Best regards,
Paulo Brinca.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next