General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:49 am 

Hey. How to update LG NAS N1A1DD1 transmission client? Or edit the transmission config file to have more connections? They are limited now to 15 connections per torrent. That's really stupid. I have 100MBit fiber optics so I wanna increase the limit to 1000.

I Have the latest firmware and I tried to connect my NAS with putty SSH, but after the user id and password I get this message " Could not chdir to home directory /mnt/disk/default/home/admin: No such file or directory".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:46 am 

Checked on LG's website and it seems like they may be discontinuing their NAS line, so if their support system doesn't get back to you with help maybe go over and ask around on Transmission's forum?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:38 am 

BackHol3 wrote:
Hey. How to update LG NAS N1A1DD1 transmission client? Or edit the transmission config file to have more connections? They are limited now to 15 connections per torrent. That's really stupid. I have 100MBit fiber optics so I wanna increase the limit to 1000.

I Have the latest firmware and I tried to connect my NAS with putty SSH, but after the user id and password I get this message " Could not chdir to home directory /mnt/disk/default/home/admin: No such file or directory".

LG firmware has a logic to overwrite transmission config file every time when the service is started and on every restart.
In order to have your own configuration, two thinks must happen:
1. You must have root access to your NAS. It is achievable by installing special firmware to include root user with known password and ssh daemon. Here is a link for instructions: http://forum.nas-portal.org/showthread. ... 95-(new-ui). It works on latest firmware too.
2. Once you have root access, a firmware needs another adjustment /replacing one of files with hacked one/ to avoid overwriting transmission configuration file. But you have to edit config file manually by log in to your NAS.

If you are willing to try, I can post instructions.