This is a how-to guide on updating the firmware on a NAS using a USB flash drive.
THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVES. ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!
I am not responsible for any damage or loss of data done to your NAS .
This Has been tested and is working on an N2B1 NAS but june work on others as well.
1) LG NAS with the new UBOOT boot loader (this will not work with the old UBOOT)
2) USB Flash drive
3) firmware you want to use.
4) netenc_nc1_10094.zip attachment: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zfp48 ... _10094.zip
1) Backup all data on your NAS and USB flash drive
2) format USB flash drive to the FAT32 file System. (if it is multi-partitioned, you need to use the very first partition. For example, sdb1 or sdc1)
3) Create a subdirectory on the flash drive for the model of your nas. For example the directory NC1 is used for a N2B1 NAS
4) Extract the zip and copy the netenc firmware image to the subfolder on the flash drive.
5) Rename the files (this is important)
uIlmage - uImage
initrd.gz - initrd
firmware**.bin - firmware.tar.gz
6) Eject the USB drive and plug it into the NAS
7) Reboot the NAS into NetBoot mode by holding down the two arrow buttons on the device When you press the power button.
8) Let the firmware and when to install the NAS reboots, Remove the USB drive. If after removing the USB drive the NAS hangs, just reboot it.
9) Thats IT!
1 post • Page 1 of 1