General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:01 pm 

Hello greeting friends from Latin America, I have a LG NAS N1A1 with a 1TB hard drive, since it happens that a few days ago not to start the service. Simply switch it on and I can not see network and even emits the characteristic sound when service starts.

I could remove the hard drive and watch that has 3 partitions, one 22 GB / 8 GB / 900 GB ... I've tried to clone partitions with clonezilla 22 GB and 8 GB to another disk and try to start service but not me worked.

I wish someone would help me with this if possible, since I have important information in the NAS and I would not lose it.

In advance thank you very much!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:04 pm 

Hello,

I have the N4B2ND4 so I it's not exactly the same but I would expect your disk are partitioned similar to mine.

The three partitions i would expect to be like this:

/ (rootfs) 22GB - ext3 or ext4
swap 8GB
/mnt/disk/volume (Data Storage) 900GB - ext3 or ext4

So I think you should be able to mount the data partition on another Linux machine and extract your important data, but before you do anything you should make a complete clone of the bad drive,
to a image file or another disk so you only have to read the bad drive once, then mount the partition from the image / disk and extract your data.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:20 am 

Thanks for responding, it's like you said friend. I'm trying to mount a linux distribution and extract my data. Now what I would like to know is how to place the NAS operating once more taking into account that the OS partition is damaged or worse that the OS has any errors not permitted to boot.

Know any technique or procedure that can be applied to post it again operating, clear this after recovering my data. ?

Thanks in advance