General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:08 pm 

I havent updated my NAS for quite sometime now, and I was wondering a couple of things. First of all i have about 20 DB's on my server using the PHP server and of course about 500 gigs of files on my storage, so if I update it will it erase everything? Because I don't have the space on my computer to transfer everything to my computer then update it. I am just worried that it will wipe everything out and I will be left with nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:38 pm 

I'm not an expert in these matters but I recently upgraded the N2R1DD1 first to firmware 2450 and then to the latest available which I believe was in 2013. Each update required re-initializing the drives and thus reformatting and erasing all the data. I was able to slurp the data off the NAS before the procedure through an FTP connection which took hours and hours, but did get the job done finally. I am now ready to rebuild the data. I added 2 2TB drives to the unit since the one 1TB drive was full. The 2450 firmware enabled recognizing the 2TB drives. All of this was after many calls to tech support which was generally helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:34 am 

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I am trying to upgrade from a 1 1T drive to 2 2T drives on N2R1DD1 and thought firmware 2450 would be the answer. I am proceeding cautiously since I don't want to lose the data on the NAS 1T drive.