General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:20 am 

Hi all,

Please help me with my hard trouble about my Buffalo Tera5200 runs with raid 1, everthing work well.
Last week my Buffalo has fire but 2 hdd don't effect the data.
So Buffalo changed for me the new one but now I don't know to get back my data on 2 disk.
I did:
1. I setup new configation for my new buffalo with another hdd (not on old 2 disks) so which steps i have to do for get back my old data
2. I did all tools recovery for 2 disk but no result (include: UFS explorer Professional recovery, nas data recovery, Linux_Recovery, Raid_Recovery, Roadkil's Unstoppable and also recovery soft for NTFS like: Handy Recovery, EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional, iCare data Recovery Software, CopierMultiStage_Recovery)
3. I installed the ubuntu linux but couldn't see any data on them

Finally I’m not sure but I think Buffalo has destroyed data when it’s fire? Is that right ?

Thanks for help !

Attachments:
ask-buffalo-resize.png
ask-buffalo-resize.png [ 237.95 KiB | Viewed 3833 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:34 am 

This screendump are the old disks? In that case I don't think the fire destroyed your data. In that case the disks should be dead (=unaccessible). Yet the partition table is destroyed. But erasing the whole disk would take several hours, maybe days, so I think your data is still there.

Are your new disks of at least the same size? In that case you could make a low level copy, and do further data rescue on the new disks.
How was your raid organized? Raid0 or Raid1?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
This screendump are the old disks? In that case I don't think the fire destroyed your data. In that case the disks should be dead (=unaccessible). Yet the partition table is destroyed. But erasing the whole disk would take several hours, maybe days, so I think your data is still there.

Are your new disks of at least the same size? In that case you could make a low level copy, and do further data rescue on the new disks.
How was your raid organized? Raid0 or Raid1?

Thanks Mijzelf,
That screendump're the old disks. I think my data's still there but don't know how to get back.
My old two disks run with raid 1.
I've used one old disk and one new disk the same size for rebuild with new buffalo but no result.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:20 am 

Raid1 is good. It means you just have to find the filesystem on one of your disks. You can create a lowlevel copy from one old disk on one new disk, and run TestDisk on the copy. Or you could run it on the original, but of course that is more risky.

TestDisk might be able to re-create the partition table.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:25 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Raid1 is good. It means you just have to find the filesystem on one of your disks. You can create a lowlevel copy from one old disk on one new disk, and run TestDisk on the copy. Or you could run it on the original, but of course that is more risky.

TestDisk might be able to re-create the partition table.

Thank so much to Mijzelf !!!

Your tool's very very and very useful for my case. It really get back re-create the partition table. I run it first and next run UFS explorer Professional recovery >> saw all my data on it.

THANKS A MILLION TO YOU !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:18 pm 

This is exceptionally decent and respectable post you rock for posting such sweet message.......!!!!!