Lacie 5Big Network 2 - RAID Manager issues

MPH64

Lacie 5Big Network 2 - RAID Manager issues

Post by MPH64 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 pm

OK. I have two units. One I have upgraded to 5 x 4TB drives. Successful. Now I am putting the 5 x 3TB drives into the other unit. I have all of the drives added and they are showing up as "clean". I go to RAID Manager to redo the RAID Manually. I go through, RAID 5, have all drives checked. Then when it comes to how much the RAID capacity will be, I get 3.2TB! I should be getting at least 12TB.

Factory reset (no data loss) does nothing. Factory reset (with data loss) process does not work as documented.

Pulling my hair out because it has taken so long just to incorporate the replaced drives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

franchiS5

Re: Lacie 5Big Network 2 - RAID Manager issues

Post by franchiS5 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:20 pm

MPH64 wrote:OK. I have two units. One I have upgraded to 5 x 4TB drives. Successful. Now I am putting the 5 x 3TB drives into the other unit. I have all of the drives added and they are showing up as "clean". I go to RAID Manager to redo the RAID Manually. I go through, RAID 5, have all drives checked. Then when it comes to how much the RAID capacity will be, I get 3.2TB! I should be getting at least 12TB.

Factory reset (no data loss) does nothing. Factory reset (with data loss) process does not work as documented.

Pulling my hair out because it has taken so long just to incorporate the replaced drives.

Hi my friend.
I have the same problem. Did you solved...?? I´m crazy with this...
Regards.

fafa2fafa

Re: Lacie 5Big Network 2 - RAID Manager issues

Post by fafa2fafa » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:47 am

same problem for me.... :(