General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:05 am 

I to all,

i have updated my lacie 5 big network 2 (buyed with 5 disk),with the new firmware 2.2.9.3. Before the update,i have seved all the data...luckily,because after the update it's impossible to manage the NAS from the dashboard.

The NAS is regularly seen by the LNA (lacie network assistant) and if i try to open the shared folder (now nothing is shared),to try if all function,windows open without error the page (but don't see enything,it's normal).

But,ehen i try to open dashborad give me this error: ASSERTION FAILED in class: com.lacie.communicationlayer.client.WelcomeRequestHome Associated message: 1 == objectfound.size()

Anyone have any idea for what,now,the lacie want to work? If because it's xmas vacation? :lol:

Thanks to anyone want to help me :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:48 pm 

Hi White Wolf,

Did you try to perform a factory reset ?

Regards.

FRED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:07 pm 

Hi NASPenguin,

i have tryed to follow the official guide:

turn off the nas
remove all disk
turn on the nas and wait the initialization

but when i turn on the nas,the blu led don't blink,is fix on the blu color and nothing happens. I have tryed to wait some minute but without result...

I have tryed to follow another type of step

turn off the nas
push the front led for some second and turn on the nas
wait the front led become red
release when the led change to blue
when the led is fixed to the blue,push another time within 5 seconds
when the nas is initialized,re install the capsule (2.2.9.3)

nothing happens.

I have contacted the support and they told me to send the nas for a complete recovery,because the internal firmware are corrupted. But how is this possible? i have only updated the nas...

incredible,i have now to pay 200 euro for a internal error....?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:37 pm 

was this a disk less system when you bought it ? or were already disks installed ?

if it was a diskless system you could try to use this procedure to get firmware recovered. The diskless system have a firmware in flash memory that will be installed using procedure below. If you system cam with disks from lacie then probably it won't work as that version don't have firmware in flash, then we need another procedure
PS this procedure will erase all data on the disk !! if you don't want that do not use it

This is the official procedure, after installing the (empty) disks with the 5big2 power off
A. POWER ON AND INITIALIZE THE LACIE NAS
Steps 2 and 3 should take approximately three minutes.

1. Connect the power supply to a wall outlet and to the NAS.

2. Turn the device on via the power button on the back of the enclosure.

3. The front LED will:
1. Blink blue
2. Turn solid blue when initialization is finished
3. Flash red and blue. The red and blue lights indicate the system is loading.
4. The LaCie NAS is ready to format the disk(s) once the front LED turns solid blue again.

B. FORMAT THE DISK(S)
Steps 1 through 3 should take approximately seven minutes.
5big Network 2
1. Press the front LED button for five seconds. The drive(s) will spin up and the front LED will blink blue
and red.
2. The NAS will reboot to complete the initialization. The front LED will blink red and blue.
3. The system is ready once the front LED turns solid blue.

If I remember well this did not work on already formatted disk or disk with a incorrect partition table
Then it will keep blinking.
I think I solved it by taken out all disks, perform part A. Tehn with power on insreted a disk in slot 1 and then proceed with part B.

However its a long time ago, I don't use the crappy firmware of Lacie anymore and use my ow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:18 pm 

Thanks for your reply FVDW.

The method of recovery don't function with a already formatted or with corrupted table HD, so i have to re-format all the HD without a partition. Total empty HD,tight?

Because if i leave all the hd from the nas,as i said before,the system don't charge anything.

I don't know if,originally,the nas is buyed with or without the disks,because my company have buyed the Lacie's nas from a random computer company (questionable....). But after various test i suspect the lacie are buyed with disks...

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:28 pm 

if you have one empty disk it is enough , then you could try my method with only one disk in slot 1 and see what happens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:51 pm 

First i have formatted a HD,now is total empty,without partition,all the space is not allocated.

Test i have performed:

First:
leaved all the HD
turn on the lacie
Blue led blink for 5 seconds
Now the led is blu fixed and all the led of HD are all red (because all the bay are empty)
After 10 minutes..nothing happens...no red and blue flashing led..

Second:
Insert in the first bay the disk without any partition
turn on the lacie
Blue led blink for 5 seconds
Now the led is blue fixed and all the led of HD are red except 1st bay
After 10 minutes..nothing happens...no red and blue flashing led..

Third
Insert in the first bay the disk without any partition and in another bay a disk with the old partition table (one of the disk i have mounted until i have found the error)
turn on the lacie
blue led blink for some second
blue led fixed
blue led blink for 2 minutes
now the lacie are detected from network assistant
when i try to log in the dashboard,give me the error

I think i have fallowed all the step of your method,fvdw,and i have tryed othe way,but nothing happens and nothing change..but,if i see correctly the NAS,is a problem of the dashboard or of the entire system? Because if the error is of the entire system,is strange i see the nas on the lan with LNA...

Theres a way to connect to dashboard without insert user and pass in the page of login? I think to remember a way similar to http://nas.ip/user@pass

Or,if the NAS want a disk with a table (correct or not) to initialise the system,theres a possibility to write a image of another user over my disk?

It's the only idea i have at moment...

Thanks in advance for all the help :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:54 pm 

your second test indicate that this 5big2 is not the "nand" or disk less version.
It has no firmware in flash.

It is logical that it continues when you insert a second disk with the old firmware on it. The bootloader checks for Lacie firmware on each disk and when it is found on a specific disk it will try to load that.

Apparently something is not correct in the lacie firmware that prevent the dashboard form loading.
My knowledge with lacie firmware is minimal, I have a 5big2 but use my own firmware instead of the crappy lacie.
It seems the lacie firmware is running but that the webinterface has a problem, if you can get ssh access enabled (see other posts on this forum) then you might be able to correct some settings to get it working, on this forum there are some examplesof that.
If that is not possible you will have to go the hard way to re-install the firmware on the disk.
We did once succesfully this excersize to restore lacie firmware on a 5big2, on our plugout forum you can read the information on that http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1402
Our member vmsosa succeeded to bring back his 5big2 to live.
The tools like fvdw-sl console you can find on our forum as well as the lacie disk partitions, those are in that topic as well but I also can sent you them on the plugout forum, not here because they don't allow attachments here

ps an Alternative is using our home made firmware in stead of lacie. Ps in 15-0 the fan control is not working yet but in the next release also the fan control on 5big2 is operating

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:01 pm 

I have readed the plugout.net forum and i want to try.

Now i wait only the mail to confirm the subscription.

This is my first time with a NAS,i hope in the end the machine return to life :D