Cannot Delete a Folder (Directory is not empty)

blackmate

Cannot Delete a Folder (Directory is not empty)

Post by blackmate » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:56 am

I am trying to delete an app from my Lacie 5big Network 2 (latest fw). It fails on my Mac but it also fails when I try through the web interface. Deleting the entire app fails with error message rmdir(/shares ... etc/) [function.rmdir]: Directory not empty.

If I go to the directory, the folder has 0000 in the permissions. If I try to delete, it fails with error "Cannot find file /xy/...", if I open the folder, it says "The following link is disabled. (Source: ...)" and if I try to change permissions it returns error: "Successfully changed permission to 0777 for 0 files or folders" and when checking the permissions it's still 0000.

I have looked around but found no solution to this. Anyone here knows how to fix this or at least have a hint where I could find a solution? Can't imagine I am the first having this problem.

Jocko

Re: Cannot Delete a Folder (Directory is not empty)

Post by Jocko » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:45 am

Hi blackmate,

Did you check if these files do not have linux attributes (maybe i)
To list them do the command

Code: Select all

lsattr
If there are some attributes, to remove them use chattr command.

blackmate

Post by blackmate » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Hm, ok. Can I use the OS X terminal for this or is there a command line within the web interface?

blackmate

Post by blackmate » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:38 am

For the record: I worked around it by creating a share, moved the files I wanted to delete there and deleted the share in the end.