General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 5BIG Unavailable
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:58 pm 

I hope someone here can help me resolve this issue I have with my 5BIG...

Basically I've had the 5BIG for a week, filling it up as you should and all was working fine. The problems started after I removed 2 of the 5 HD because they seemed to be malfunctioning on a RAID6 (red flashing and message on disk 2 & 3 from RAID in LNA). I decided to backup everything on a network drive but the 5BIG kept on deconnecting itself from the network and the backup wouldn't terminate.

I bought the replacement disks and tried to do a backup with the 3 drives left and the above issue keeps appearing.

The 5big is now unavailable from network and reset doesn't help its availability. The new additional drives have been added to complete the array but when I switch on the 5big and after each drive's light blink from red to blue, all drive's light are steady blue with no activity (instead of blinking red/blue as synchronizing for the new drives), the front light keeps on flashing blue and never stops.

Is there anything that can be done to re-access the 5big at all?!

Post subject: Re: 5BIG Unavailable
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:30 am 

Hi Macdalor,

I don't know if your issue is over. I guess so. For your information, the flashing front blue light is indicating that your unit is synchronasing. It can take several days depending how much data you have already stored into the unit.
I would not have bought any disks for 2 reasons. It is unlikely that your 2 disks were faulty physically. They were just data corrupted because of an issue on your RAID. The parity got corrupted and made your disks unavailable. Moreover, LaCie warranty would have replaced your disks for free since you are still under their warranty.

I would wait for several days until the synchronisation is over. Then you should use the tool provided by LaCie to detect your unit and access to the webservices interface. Then you will be able to reconfigure your unit as it was.

I hope it can help you.

Cheers,
Jeremie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:29 am 

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue. Did you find a resolution in the end?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 am 

hello i have the same problem, i coul make the proces of doing all the data, i just change 1 disk and the programa make the rest, but right nw the problema is that the volumen 1 IS UNAVALIABLE, i dont now how to change that, can any one help me... thanks