New kernel(Kernel 3.12.6) & Debian wheezy for HMNHDCE...

agander

Re: New kernel(Kernel 3.12.6) & Debian wheezy for HMNHDCE...

Post by agander » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks for those pointers. Apologies for not being able to get back to this. I haven't installed that modules file, and in the many attempts, I only ever see two white leds.

I've been concentrating on the power button, and will definitely look at the OMV link.

agander

agander

Post by agander » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Have fixed the two white leds problem via rc.local, which is good.

Still have the power button not working issue. The acpi files are not being accessed, and I can't see the buttons file.

To be continued.

agander

agander

Post by agander » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Just a post script.

For various reasons, I had to reload Wheezy a few times, the end result in each case being as before.

Except, the latest, and, hopefully, the last time. Now, without needing to add to rc.local, there is just the one white light, as there should have been.

Also, the power button is working, albeit not quite in the way I was expecting. From the howto, I was expecting the different buttons to produce different effects. Instead, all seems to depend on pressing the button once, or twice, or three times.

Why it is now working correctly, mostly, I've no idea. I didn't set out to do anything differently.

I really wasn't happy with the Iomega implementation, and now I'm sorted. Many thanks to all who contributed to this project, and to the other versions, too.

agander