Install Debian & ArchLinuxARM on Iomega HMNHDCE

Jockel

Re: Install Debian & ArchLinuxARM on Iomega HMNHDCE

Post by Jockel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:26 am

Hello!

I have to access /etc/networking/interfaces without network, because the eth0 entry is missing in this file.

I want to access the file without changing the drive to another computer. Can I boot the HMNHDCE with USB-drive and can then access this file by network? I only saw the recovery usb-drive with imaging processes. I do not want to image then drive. Instead I want to access files on the drive by accessing with ssh/telnet.

Thanks!

Jockel

Post by Jockel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:30 am

Another option would be, if the Debian.tgz can be flashed from usb-drive to internal drive. Can the recovery process http://iomega.nas-central.org/wiki/Reco ... _Media_CE) do it?

mspector

Post by mspector » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:34 am

Hello all,

Anyone got an updated kernel running on HMNDCE for this? Any updates?

Cheers!

agander

Post by agander » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:19 am

Just on the off-chance that someone who knows anything may be reading this, I too am hoping that there is a later kernel available that would allow upgrading to wheezy.

I saw on another thread that someone has produced a newer kernel. Might there be a chance that it could be made available to us, please

Having finally succeeded in bringing back to life my dead NAS, it would be really cool to be able to get it more up-to-date.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this great project.

agander

mspector

Post by mspector » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:30 pm

agander wrote:Just on the off-chance that someone who knows anything may be reading this, I too am hoping that there is a later kernel available that would allow upgrading to wheezy.

I saw on another thread that someone has produced a newer kernel. Might there be a chance that it could be made available to us, please

Having finally succeeded in bringing back to life my dead NAS, it would be really cool to be able to get it more up-to-date.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this great project.

agander

I second that.