General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25 am 

My unit was working perfectly but I had to shut it down before going to work the other day. When I returned home and attempted to power the unit on, the front LED/button simply flickered for a fraction of a second and nothing else happened. I can hear the top fan spinning and both LAN indicators are on so I know the unit is receiving some power, but nothing else happens. The HDD LEDs don't blink at all, the front LED does absolutely nothing, and it just sits there with the fan spinning.

I bought a replacement power supply in case that was the issue, but still no luck - exact same behavior. I took the cover off of the unit and took a look at the motherboard and don't see any sort of damage or anything else out of place so if there is an issue with the board then it isn't something I can see with the naked eye. The thing that gets me is that the unit was powered off so this isn't some sort of firmware update problem or a drive randomly going out in the middle of operation. Everything was fine before powering it off but now it simply won't boot.

Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing? It sounds like my board is just straight dead at this point, since the drives don't even begin to spin up.