General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:33 pm 

Hi, since this was quite painful for me, I thought it could be useful to post this here.
Steps to be taken (I recommend you to backup all the system files you change):

1) Follow this tutorial to root the device. Few tips for non-experts (as me). Do the sftp from a linux machine, if not the symlink will not work. The last step means replacing whatever is after "root:" for whatever is after "admin:"
2) Once the cloudbox is rooted, acess it with ssh -p 2222 root@CLOUDBOXIP and using your admin password
3) edit /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i
and change
Code:
/etc/twonkymedia-server.ini -> /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini

4)
Code:
cp /etc/twonkymedia-server.ini /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini

5) in /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini
Code:
set enableweb=2

6) reboot the cloudbox
7) And now simply open CLOUDBOXIP:9000 in your browser: voilá!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:59 pm 

hi, when i trying edit /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i shows permission denied
please help

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:06 am 

Hi, may I ask you how are you trying to edit the file? Have you tried with vi?

Code:
vi /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:48 am 

eusonxabi wrote:
Hi, may I ask you how are you trying to edit the file? Have you tried with vi?

Code:
vi /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i

ok it works, but now i have another problem with this:
Code:
#!/sbin/itype
# This is a i file, used by initng parsed by install_service

daemon twonkymedia {
        need = virtual/net;
        script daemon = {
                /bin/rm -f /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymediaserver-log.txt;
                /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkystarter -inifile /etc/twonkymedia-s
        }
        pid_file = /var/run/mediaserver.pid;
        forks;
}

service twonkymedia/reload {
        need = twonkymedia;
        script start = {
                ngc -r twonkymedia;
        }
}
~
~
~
~
- /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i 1/19 5%

and i don't know what to do with this. :?:

please tell my step by step becouse i'm not very well linux user

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 pm 

Here you have some information on how to use vi.
Once you have the file opened with vi,
press 'i' (in your keyboard) to enter in the edit mode. Go to the relevant line with the arrows, do the change (/etc/twonkymedia-server.ini -> /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini) and then press on "Esc" to enter in the command mode. Finally type :qw+enter to save and exit.
The other file you have to edit in step 5, you do the same way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:53 pm 

so i have to change /etc/twonkymedia-server.ini on /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini)???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:05 pm 

yes, change only that line in the /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i file

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm 

ok now is:
Code:
#!/sbin/itype                                                                                                                                                                   
# This is a i file, used by initng parsed by install_service                                                                                                                   

daemon twonkymedia {                                                                                                                                                           
        need = virtual/net;                                                                                                                                                     
        script daemon = {                                                                                                                                                       
                /bin/rm -f /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymediaserver-log.txt;                                                                                                   
                /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkystarter -inifile /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini --appdata /lacie/var/twonky/ -logfile /var/log/twonkymedia.log -v 1;         
        }                                                                                                                                                                       
        pid_file = /var/run/mediaserver.pid;                                                                                                                                   
        forks;                                                                                                                                                                 
}                                                                                                                                                                               

service twonkymedia/reload {                                                                                                                                                   
        need = twonkymedia;                                                                                                                                                     
        script start = {                                                                                                                                                       
                ngc -r twonkymedia;                                                                                                                                             
        }                                                                                                                                                                       
}                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
~                                                                                                                                                                               
- /etc/initng/twonkymedia.i 1/20 5%

and now when i trying open /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini useing:
Code:
vi /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini

i have this:
Code:
[root@LaCie-CloudBox ~]# vi /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
- /etc/twonkymedia-server-myconfig.ini 0/0 100%

ok my mistake. all done

thanks!!!

Last edited by syq on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:42 pm 

aren't you missing the '/initng/' ?
In any case it's always good to backup the relevant files before proceeding

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm 

now all mkv files works fine but can't forward and reverse. only works on avi files.
do you have same problem?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm 

no, for me everything works smoothly. I guess that may depend on the model of your TV and on how the mkv file was built. Can you forward those files when you play them from an USB?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:24 pm 

yes i think is TV. i have 2 samsung tv's and on one it's working on the other isn't

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:54 pm 

I'm deeply sorry for my newbie question, but what do you mean by
eusonxabi wrote:
6) reboot the cloudbox
?
All I have is "on/off" and "total reset" (on backside). ?-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:10 pm 

Hi, if you connect to the cloudbox through the web browser, you should have an option to reboot it from there, try that

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:19 pm 

IT WORKS! Thanks my dear helpers from all over our little globe! Have a drink on you!

Last edited by akahata on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.