What I did so far:
1) Get root access - follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=240&t=10725
2) Get Twonky Server Setup Webpage - follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=277&t=11913
3) Get "optware" - follow this link: http://lacie.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:CloudBox
4) Install "nano" text editor (much easier to use than "vi"): ipkg install nano
5) Install "miniDLNA" - follow this link: http://lacie.nas-central.org/wiki/Categ ... ch_2011.29
"optware", as far as I understood, has the purpose of allowing to create a folder structure similar to /usr under /opt. This is requiered because /usr is in read only storage space. The problem with this is that many binaries have to be compiled so that they look for libraries in /opt/lib instead of /usr/lib. This is why you cannot simply use a precompiled "minidlna" binary (i.e. made for a WD NAS), because it will complain that it did not find the required libraries. This is because it looks for them in the wrong place.
Unfortunatly, the instructions on point 5) did not work, either, because I cannot execute the "make" command. It will produce a "Segmentation Fault". Any help would be appreciated! All other steps worked fine, which made this extra frustrating.