General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:49 am 

Hello all,

Got some simple questions about fvdw-console and firmware regarding de lacie cloudbox 3tb.

After reading and trying i always end up with nothing :shock:

First i start the console software and choose the fvdw-install method, after that the tftp screen and clunc (cmd) screen starts with no problem also getting the good responce from my cloudbox.

After deleting al the partitions with gdisk i do the tftp -r filename -l filename -g pc-ip and the chmod thing without a problem.
When starting the fvdw-sl-installer script with pc-ip it get the UIMAGE-395-NWSP2CL-179-standalone file and it creates al the partitions on my disk with de right commands.
ALso installing firmware on the appropiate partitions no problem, only when it try's to do the mk2fs thing on /dev/sda8 it say's after writing to filesystem an reboot or i got a screen that my cloudbox is offline.

When i try telnet the cloudbox again i got a login prompt but i can't login anymore with root, giveit2me and admin-nas, admin.

Can some-one tell me what i\m doing wrong or make a step by step explanation how to do things so i can get my cloudbox working with the fvdw-sl-15-1 firmware or step by step tutorial how to install debian linux on this machine.

Many thanks in advance

Cyprio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:02 pm 

Quote:
.... only when it try's to do the mk2fs thing on /dev/sda8 it say's after writing to filesystem an reboot or i got a screen that my cloudbox is offline.

what do you mean with that ?

After reboot the cloudbox should come online (so a boot without using the standalone kernel)
You can access the web interface with a web browser like internet explorer of firefox. Just type the ip address assigned to your cloudbox by the dhcp server in the browser to connect. username admin-nas, password admin
Telnet is is not running so can not connect to it.
However in the firmware a ssh server is running. You can use a client like putty to connect to it, username root, password giveit2me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:09 pm 

ps would be better if you would post your questions on the plugout forum. There i can sent you files and so on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:32 pm 

Many thanks for the answer, and yes after a re-install the webpage is loading and got connected to the cloudbox.

Now playing around in the box and looking what is possible like webserver and minidlna and more stuff.

If there is a tutorial on how to install debian linux on it it would be very helpful.

Many thanks for your reply's.

Cyprio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:06 pm 

cyprio wrote:
Many thanks for the answer, and yes after a re-install the webpage is loading and got connected to the cloudbox.

Now playing around in the box and looking what is possible like webserver and minidlna and more stuff.

If there is a tutorial on how to install debian linux on it it would be very helpful.

Many thanks for your reply's.

Cyprio

our firmware runs with a linux 3.9.5 kernel compiled for this nas.
No i have no guide to install debian on the cloudbox.
If you install debian the fvdw-sl firmware won't run and you will need to set op your own web interface servers and so on to get nas functions like in the firmware

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:21 pm 

Sorry, i am linux newbie.
Could you, please, provide me with complete instrution how to install fvdw-sl on the cloudbox.