General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 pm 

Hi,

I've connected my cloudbox to the network. When I go to My computer > network I see the cloudbox but when I wont to open it I get an error (see attachment). I've got this problem on my both PC's (windows vista and windows 7). I also have put off my firewall and virus-scanner but without result. They strange thing is that I can ping to the IP-adres of the cloudbox and I can access the dashboard. I also tried using the lacie network assist but that didn't help, here also I get an error that I can't access the lacie cloudbox.

I've been searching on the internet but up till now without results. Hope someone can help me out.

Thx.

Attachment:
error_cloudbox.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:13 pm 

I have exactelly the same failure message.
System: PC Windows 7
But I can read files on my TV but
Do you have found the solution now?? thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:21 am 

What kind of switch/ network interface are you connecting to ?

My Cloudbox 3TB won't work properly with anything else than connected to a Gigabit switch, or direct cable to PC with Gigabit interface,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:49 pm 

Try this:

Connect the cloudbox to a computer, without using a router or a switch. (Iwas using win7)
Wate a while. Go to "Network" Wait until the "Lacie Cloudbox" is displayd. Right click on the Lacie Cloudbox and go for "Devices Website". Now you are connected to the dashboard.

In the dashboard you change to the network section and disable the automatic Port selection at the right bottom of this site. Normally It works than.

Good Luck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:34 pm 

I had the same problem. I searched for it on google and came here. The solution of disabling the automatic port selection worked. So, in the first place I just came here to thank you. :D

Although it is still weird that the dashboard was accessible while the cloudbox was still attached to a router. And other devices (such as mediaplayers) could still acces the cloudbox, my computer could not. The reason this feature of automatic port selection was enabled, was because I wanted to acces the cloudbox from an extern location. So I would like to ask you, how can I acces it from an extern location, without not being able to acces the cloudbox on my computer?

Thanks! :roll: