General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 am 

Dear Mijzelf,

My real problem is needing a working compiler. Since the update changed the libc version it's no longer compatible with the compiler i had. To fix this i thought i'd install your ffp package but unfortunately your old FFP install package fails to run on the newest update. It's probably a question of updating a little line of code somewhere but i'm not up to date on editing o2 apps. Could you help me out?

Otherwise any idea how to get a new compiler (since ipkg only has an old version) and i still haven't managed to build a cross-compiler for the nas.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:25 pm 

What happens when you install FFP?

wbdsgnr wrote:
i still haven't managed to build a cross-compiler for the nas.
Doesn't the GPL package from Iomega contain a toolchain?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:04 pm 

Yes. When you try to install the application with the application manager (4.1.102.29716) an error about not compatible application is given.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:02 am 

Is there any developement with this problem, because I faced the same problem?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 am 

Next week I want to try if I can create a package which can be installed manually, over ssh, by executing a script. As far as I found in the EMC SDK manual, the current package should 'just work', but apparently it doesn't.
Unfortunately I don't have a box capable of running fw 4.x, so I can't debug it.
Another approach is needed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 am 

If I could be of any asistance(with my limited knowledge of linux systems) let me know :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:17 am 

When I turned on my IX2-200 after a few months of rest, it appeared to be dead. So I had to guess some details, and couldn't fully test my script.

Anyway, the script can be found here.

Create a dedicated share, the name doesn't really matter. No spaces, but I don't think spaces are allowed at all. Extract the script ffp-starter.sh from the zipfile, and put it in the share.
Login over ssh, and execute the script as root with the 'install' argument:
Code:
/path/to/share/ffp-starter.sh install
The share can probably be found in /mnt/pools/A/A0/<sharename>/. If you can't find it, try
Code:
grep -A 10 -i "\[<sharename>\]" /etc/samba/smb.conf

The script will download fun_plug.tgz to the share, extract it, patch /etc/rc.local to start ffp on boot, and add a stopscript to /etc/rc6.d/, to cleanly stop ffp on shutdown.

On start of ffp the default shell of root and admin are changed to /ffp/bin/sh.

If you want to remove ffp, do not just delete the share, but run 'ffp-starter.sh uninstall'. This will remove the patch in rc.local, remove the stop script.

Logfiles can be found in \\<NAS>\<ffpshare>\var\log\

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:03 pm 

Hi,

I posted about not being able to install FFP after updating firmware 4.1.102.29716 on a separate thread.

I've managed to install FFP now using the above which is great. My end goal is to get Plex re-installed on my box and I followed the original instructions (here: viewtopic.php?f=249&t=7603) but I can't install the plex install script using slacker, it;s not in the list of available packages. Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your help so far Mijzelf, really appreciate it.

Cheers
RockMonster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:37 am 

You have to add my repository with uwsiteloader.sh.

And then, after installing the startscript, you have to edit the script. In the header it contains /mnt/HD_a2/, which is not available. The original ffp package created a symlink, but the current script doesn't. I want to add it, but need some feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:50 pm 

Thanks Mijzelf,

I've got you repository added and updated and I've got the plexmediaserver.sh script downloaded.

I can see the path your referring to in Nano, can I just set this a location of my choice (as long as it exists) or does it need to be anything specific. Are there any specific permissions that need to be set as well?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm certainly not a linux master so grateful for the help.

What kind of feedback are you looking for? If I can be of assistance, I certainly will.

Thanks again.
RockMonster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:33 am 

RockMonster wrote:
I can see the path your referring to in Nano, can I just set this a location of my choice (as long as it exists) or does it need to be anything specific.
It needs to be on a non volatile place. So on the data partition or on an usb stick. The directory doesn't necessarily need to exist, but when created it should meet the previous constraint. You can exchange /mnt/HD_a2/ by /mnt/pools/A/A0/ (when I'm not mistaken), but also by /mnt/pools/A/A0/<some-sub-dir-which-doesn't-exist>/, in which case it will be created.
Quote:
Are there any specific permissions that need to be set as well?
The directory should be writable. Further I think it doesn't matter. The script runs as root, and so it can create the subdirectories with the needed permissions.
Quote:
What kind of feedback are you looking for? If I can be of assistance, I certainly will.
The most important one is that the script actually works. You are the first one to report that. Does shutdown also work? After a reboot you should see the ffp stop log in \\<NAS>\<ffp-share>\var\log\ffp.1.log

I got feedback on the installable package that /mnt/HD_a2 not always pointed to a data partition. It was hardcoded on /mnt/pools/A/A0/, or something like that. So I want to dynamically determine a data partition, by parsing the path of the ffp-starter.sh script.
Can you create a script
Code:
#!/bin/sh

RELDIR=$( dirname $0 )
cd $RELDIR
CURDIR=$( pwd )

while [ "$CURDIR" != "/" ] ; do
   MP="not"
   if mountpoint $CURDIR >/dev/null
   then
      MP=""
   fi
   echo $CURDIR is $MP a mountpoint
   CURDIR=$( dirname $CURDIR )
done
put it in the same directory as ffp-starter.sh, run it, and put the output here?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:26 pm 

I can confirm that ffp is working, and I was able (thanks to instructions Mijzelf posted) to instal Plex.

One thing i'm not sure if I need to do some configuration to enable plex to be visible on my tv? Now i can log to it by my.ip:32400/web. I think configuration that can be made by the web interface is ok. Not sure if I have to do something more on ssh?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:56 pm 

Hi Mijzelf,

I got it working last night by pointing it to the location you mentioned and created a directory /mnt/pools/A/A0/progames/plex and everything works like a charm now.

I've tried a reboot and it did eventually startup automatically.

I don't have access to my NAS box now, but I'll try to run the script tonight after work and let you know the results.

Cheers
RockMonster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:56 pm 

Hi Mijzelf,

I created the script and ran it in the following location: /ffp which is where I found the ffp-starter.sh. The output is:

Code:
/ffp is not a mountpoint

If I run it from the location that placed the new FFP script I get the following:

Code:
/mnt/pools/A/A0/Documents is not a mountpoint
/mnt/pools/A/A0 is not a mountpoint
/mnt/pools/A is not a mountpoint
/mnt/pools is not a mountpoint
/mnt is not a mountpoint

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers
RockMonster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:42 pm 

That is not the indended output. Goal was to search for the first mountpoint, traversing from the installation directory to the root, as that mountpoint should be the (a) data partition.
But it doesn't work. I guess the 'mountpoint' binary is lacking.

I'll think about another way, and post another testscript.