Iomega EZ Media & Backup Center Install Transmission

ggville

Re: Iomega EZ Media & Backup Center Install Transmission

Post by ggville » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:53 pm

shadowcliffs wrote:Transmission 2.77 (14031) is available on Firmware Version 4.0.6.19294. It will auto-start with the NAS once installed from the manage interface. But I haven't figured out how to change the default port (9091) yet.
An interesting thing happened - in my iomega apps list, I could see transmission listed and could install that directly from iomega web interface.

It installed on port 9091 without any specific instruction or config from my side.

Two noticeable things:
1. the installation on 9091 ask for userid/pwd whereas the previous 9092 do not require id/pwd
2. the 9091 installation is extremely slow compared to the User Interface of 9092 - I think the overall performance also is slower

There clearly is something for Lenovo to improve their UI performance.

shadowcliffs

Post by shadowcliffs » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 am

Apart from not being able to change default port for web management, I just found out that the folder created by Lenovo's transmission is read-only. This is unacceptable to me. Tried to find a way to fix that by modifying settings.json but failed because changes can't be saved when transmission keeps restarting itself once being killed. So I removed Lenovo's Transmission and went back to this DIY version Transmission for better customization.

jez

Post by jez » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:47 am

pianzuo wrote:hello. my version is 4.0.2.9960. When i try to install bzip2, i found that:

//opt/ipkg/info/bzip2.postinst: line 2: /opt/bin/update-alternatives:

Can you tell me how to do it? Make a link ?
I had the same problem. My firmware is 4.0.4.14600. I ended up installing the Optware version of ipkg instead of using the provided one, and this includes the update-alternatives file. But this requires that the original ipkg is no longer used. Any packages you have already attempted to install should be removed from there and re-installed using the new ipkg.

First clean-up:

Code: Select all

# echo 'PATH=/opt/bin:$PATH' >> /.profile
# . /.profile
# ipkg list_installed
< make a note of the packages you have (tried to) installed>
# ipkg remove <package> <package> <package>
Now install the ipkg-opt package.

# ipkg install ipkg-opt
# mv /opt/etc/ipkg.conf{,.dist}
# cp /etc/ipkg.conf /opt/etc
Make sure the new ipkg is in your path:

# which ipkg
/opt/bin/ipkg
Now, re-install ipkg to be sure. It might replace ipkg.conf, so need to put it back.

# ipkg install ipkg-opt
# cp /etc/ipkg.conf /opt/etc
You should be able to install other packages now (eg close Shellshock bug in bash):

# ipkg install bach
Now, run "ipkg list_installed" to make sure the new ipkg has the correct details:

# /opt/bin/ipkg list_installed
# /usr/bin/ipkg list_installed
The old ipkg might have "ipkg-opt" showing but that's all.

Now, to make sure the old ipkg is never used to install anything, remove its version of the ipkg.conf file:

# rm /etc/ipkg.conf