Howto recovery EZ Media

caesarg

Howto recovery EZ Media

Post by caesarg » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Hello I'm new in this forum, I'm looking for a procedure to recover my EZ Media & Backup Center 2Tb, I see the Available Storage in 0. i don't care about the data, I want to recover the filesystem structure. Do somebody any procedure or method to recreate everything? Thanks in advance!

xfarmer

Re: Howto recovery EZ Media

Post by xfarmer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 pm

I see where if you go to "manage Iomega EZ" then choose "system" you will see "factory reset". You will have two choices, Quickly delete all data or securely delete all data.
Hope this is what you were looking for.
x

caesarg

Post by caesarg » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:04 am

Thx xfarmer but I did a factory reset but it doesn't solve the issue, I need something more like an imager recovery method.

omarcvd

Post by omarcvd » Thu May 16, 2013 5:25 pm

shadowcliffs

Re: How to recovery EZ Media

Post by shadowcliffs » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:23 am

I succeeded in mounting the 2TB drive ripped from EZ Media in Ubuntu 13.10. I'm new to Ubuntu before this. Some online post mentioned that the drive will be mounted automatically in Ubuntu, but it's not my case. Here are the command lines (run in terminal) that finally made it work (you need to install LVM2 packages first):

#Install lvm2
sudo apt-get -y install lvm2

sudo su
lvdisplay
vgdisplay
modprobe dm-mod
vgchange -ay

then after reboot with the drive attached (in my case, a SATA dock) and powered on, the partitions (three in total) is mounted automatically and all files are there for you to access.