General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:34 am 

Hellow!! (Im from argentina, buenos aires. Sorry about my english)

I have readen your posts and im happy to know theres is a possbile solution for my issue.
This is it:

I was configuring a LENOVO EMC 3 Teras Drive on a customer's office (My first time with this drive)
I turnit off (Baddly) unnpluging the power plug. THen when i turnit on again. Some folder of the driver dissapeared.
I called lenovo and bla bla bla...

My question is! ¿If i use this method of reinstalin de firmware v4 whit the pendrive, would it rearm all the previous tree of files and folders? actually in the drive es the V3 of the firmware.

I apreciate your time on answering this question.

THANKZ

Gastón.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 am 

CORONATO wrote:
My question is! ¿If i use this method of reinstalin de firmware v4 whit the pendrive, would it rearm all the previous tree of files and folders? actually in the drive es the V3 of the firmware.
Not likely. This method is designed to restore the firmware files, not the user data. AFAIK it will even wipe all user data, but I have read different opinions/experiences on that.

If you need to recover user data, you should take the disk out and mount it on a Linux system, or open an ssh shell, and look around if the files are still there. Maybe on /lost+found on the data partition.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:05 pm 

Hi all,

I read carefully this post and I think (hope!) there is a solution of my Iomega EZ pb here. The pb is that QuickProtect does not detect the Iomega EZ, and I cannot create new share folders.

Here is the story :

I have updated the firmware from version 3.3.2 to version 4.0.6 for some months and every seemed to be ok. However, I noticed after some weeks (yes, lately...) some QuickProtect error messages. By taking a more accurate look, I notice that QuickProtect does not detect my Iomega EZ at all! However, Windows7 displays it, as all my DLNA devices (my TV box for ex.).

So I have reinitialized the Iomega using the web app (192.168.1.84/manage) but QuickProtect does not detect my Iomega EZ anymore. Even more, I cannot add new share folders that I tried to create since the re-initialization erases all the files.

So how can I recreate the initial share folders as well as new ones ? Do I need to re-install the 3.3 firmware directly using a USB key (I tried to install it from the web app but it does not accept the older version) ?

Regards
Bod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
If the box stil boots, you can reinstall the firmware, using an usb stick. Download EZMedia-recovery-4.0.2.9960.zip, unzip it to a FAT formatted USB stick (it contains one file emctools\hm3_images\files.tgz, the directories are important) of at least 2GB, and plug it into the nas. Press the reset button, and power up the nas. Keep the reset button pressed until you see a lot of activity on the stick, and if it doesn't have a led, for 2 minutes or so.
Reinstalling will take 10-60 minutes, depending on the write speed of your stick. (The file is extracted to the stick). When the install is done the box will switch itself off. Remove the stick and power it on again.

Disclaimer: I used the method on my own ix2-200, and according to the contents of the EzMedia firmware it should also work on that box. But I didn't test it.

Hi. I have tested succesfully your upgrade method of the fw to 4.02.9960 on NAS "Hard Disk Intelligente" that is a rebranded "iomega ez media & backup center" of the company Telecom Italia in Italy.
The nas has failed after 10 months so I got a new one under warranty.
Luckily I had a backup because all the data were lost.
The fw of the nas is heavily customized by Teelcom Italia for integration with the cloud of Telecom Italia.
The new nas working properly for the share but did not work the site of administration so, to avoid a new warranty replacement, I decided to remove the fw of telecom Italy by upgrading to fw 4.0.2.9960.
After updating the fw, the nas has turned into an original iomega EzMedia.
Subsequently, on the site of administration of the nas I updated the fw to the last fw available from lenovo.
The upgrade to the 4.0.2.9960 erase all the data on the nas.
I do not know if the data is also deleted from the lenovo fw upgrade because I made the two fw updates in sequence.
Thank you so much, you have solved my problem and you gave me a genuine lenovo nas :D :lol: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:19 am 

hi there, i am newbie a this forum.
I'd like to comment that i have a Lenovo EZ Media & Back up center, with 4.0.8.23976 firmware, and I could manage to access to ssh options menu using http://"nas_ip"/manage/diagnostics.html
My problem is that i can not setup a root password or it does not work.
Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:26 pm 

jalucerol wrote:
hi there, i am newbie a this forum.
I'd like to comment that i have a Lenovo EZ Media & Back up center, with 4.0.8.23976 firmware, and I could manage to access to ssh options menu using http://"nas_ip"/manage/diagnostics.html
My problem is that i can not setup a root password or it does not work.
Any ideas?

yes. i'm using Putty for Windows to connect via SSH. using the default port (22), the user is 'root' (without quotes) and the password to enter via SSH is 'sohoYOURPASSWORD' (again, without quotes). For example, if you had set 'abcd123' then the password will be 'sohoabcd123'. I hope this helps. Cheers!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:45 pm 

Fixxxer, I have tried almost everything, user = root and pwd = soho, soho"mypass", "mypass" alone and other weird combinations, but it seems not work... i also tried enabling and disabling security... my last chance is reinstalling firmware... :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 pm 

jalucerol wrote:
Fixxxer, I have tried almost everything, user = root and pwd = soho, soho"mypass", "mypass" alone and other weird combinations, but it seems not work... i also tried enabling and disabling security... my last chance is reinstalling firmware... :cry:

hi jalucerol! Yes, try updating your firmware, I'm using last version 4.1.106.31982 and it's working fine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:25 am 

I do a factory reset... i does not work... I get this message

Code:
Permission denied (publickey,password).

I will try to update to 4.1.106.31982 firmware version.