General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 am 

Hi everyone,

New to NAS servers and owner of the Medion Nas. I hope this is the right place to ask (NSA210).
I installed FFP 0.7 on ubs and it boots correctly, have followed the wiki page for it. No problems so far.

I want to run a ps3netserver, which was compiled already although for the d-link 320. I placed Ps3netsr.sh under /Verbatim7/ffproot/ffp/start.
when use putty to start it with /ffp/start/ps3netsr.sh /i-data/W1E50D6L/PS3 38008 192.168.178.* it starts correct. But when i close putty on my windows machine it also closes/stops the ps3netsr that run's on my nas. Could someone help me to have it start from nas with this command on every start/reboot. Command would be /ffp/start/ps3netsr.sh /i-data/W1E50D6L/PS3 38008 192.168.178.*

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:05 pm 

zoejoe wrote:
owner of the Medion Nas. I hope this is the right place to ask (NSA210).
Well, there *are* some similarities. The '210 runs an Oxnas 810 processor, while the Medion runs it's successor, the Oxnas 820.

But of course this is actually an FFP question, which has nothing to do with the actual hardware.

You should move your script from /ffp/start/ to, for instance, /ffp/bin/, as all executable scripts in /ffp/start are executed on boot, and your script needs some special parameters.

The reason your server stops if you close putty is that it has open output pipes to that console. Closing the console means closing the program running within. You'll have to redirect the output, and run it in background.

Create a script in /ffp/start/, having an .sh extension and the executable flag set, which does:
Code:
#!/ffp/bin/sh

if [ "$1" = "start" ] ; then
    /ffp/bin/ps3netsr.sh /i-data/W1E50D6L/PS3 38008 192.168.178.* >/dev/null 2>&1 &
fi
The > redirects the output to the universal thrashbin, /dev/null, 2>&1 redirects 'stderr' to 'stdout', and the closing & puts the script in background.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:26 pm 

Thank you for your reply. I tried the above but to no avail. As being new to all these linux commands i lost sight of what i changed and now at the point it's not working any more at all. So i decided to to unlpug ffp 0.7 and reinstall a clean version. Back to square one. It now works again to the point i have to keep the window open, im using my android tablet. It has an app called JuiceSSH to save electricity of my pc running lol.

Back to your script, i will try it again and post back the exact details. Thank you so far.

Update: Ok just plugged ffp back in and getting an error that the service could not be initiated. Back to square one lol making the ffp again.

Just if anyone wants to help me, ps3netsr is the compiled (for dlink32) binary. What i did was add .sh and put it in ffp/start then used the command in putty chmod a+x /ffp/start/ps3netsr.sh and then /ffp/start/ps3netsr.sh /i-data/W1E50D6L/PS3 38008 192.168.178.*
It will work if i keep my putty window open.

This is the source + bin for the dlink320 that im using http://www.putlocker.com/file/2C9E226D9901E2E2

Last edited by zoejoe on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:48 pm 

zoejoe,

how did you get the ffp stick to run, i've been trying to get it booting but have had no such luck yet...

and did you insert the usb stick in the front or back usb port?

Cheers,
Henk

--

Btw for all eyes that are looking:

This is my ffpboot.log

But only after I manually start ./usb_key_func.sh

----
/e-data/D948-4920 # more ffpboot.log
Rotating logfiles...
Script fun_plug.sh version 20131124 running from /e-data/D948-4920
ffpstick started at Sat Dec 7 09:46:24 GMT 2013
Try to determine NAS type...
according to /zyxel/mnt/info/modelid: AB03->STG212
type STG212, fw 1.01(UZD.3)
FATAL Wrong mountpoint /e-data/D948-4920, should have been /mnt/parnerkey
Cowardly refusing to install/start FFP in an unknown environment
----

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:24 am 

Not all sticks work, due to the timing issue. Here is a thread about sticks which only work after a cold or rather a warm boot. But some sticks don't work at all.

Quote:
But only after I manually start ./usb_key_func.sh
Manually starting an FFP stick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 am 

Cheers for the info :)

I've come across the following issue:

/ # busybox unmount
unmount: applet not found

So starting manually isn't working for me either :(

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Henk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:00 am 

Read carefully. The command is umount.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:24 pm 

Mijzelf thanks for correcting me :)

I finally found my biggest problem, it wasn't the usb stick or anything with timing but the way I formatted to fat.

Used a different one (EaseUS) thanks zoejoe, and got it all working in one go :D

Cheers guys.

Now gonna see what fun thing I do with it all :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:46 am 

Small question,

After finally getting things up and running I encouter the issue that after about 15 to 20 minutes the unit just hangs and stops functioning. Does this have anything to do with conflicting services between ffp and the official firmware thats also running?

Cheers,
Henk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 am 

henksteenwijk wrote:
Small question,

After finally getting things up and running I encouter the issue that after about 15 to 20 minutes the unit just hangs and stops functioning. Does this have anything to do with conflicting services between ffp and the official firmware thats also running?

Cheers,
Henk

Henk your taking hostage over my thread, and although my ps3 is now fixed from ylod i want to start using this thread again for help with my problem. Getting the ps3netsrv running without putty. Please use your thread for that.

That said, good thing you got it working using format in fat16 with primary (not logical) format. And to your problem i do have the same issue, when i use the medion app, it will sometimes show as offline or i just cant connect. However using putty to ssh or ftp will still work. Can you explain it abit what doesnt function?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:04 pm 

Finaly working, googled this:

#!/bin/sh
#DESCRIPTION=This script runs a ps3 net server.

cd /
/ffp/bin/ps3netsrv /i-data/W1E50D6L/PS3 38008 192.168.178.*

used in notepad++ with EOL UNIX conversion. Then chmod a+x after rebooting the nas, it's up and running.

Thank you everyone for helping, maybe this will be helpfull to someone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:28 am 

You are right Zoejoe, sorry bout that. I'll move my questions back to my own thread :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:59 am 

henksteenwijk wrote:
You are right Zoejoe, sorry bout that. I'll move my questions back to my own thread :D

Sorry to break in this topica also Zoejoe, but i have the same problem as Henk.... using ffp + nzbget, after 20m no reaction from the medion box and i couldn't find Henk's own thread... Did Henk already solve this? (or someone else;) )

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 pm 

Sorry for late reply, was occupied with some other things, just saw your question. i tried using both nzbget and sabnzb but failed by doing it manually, i then used the automated install script and sabnzb is working. (occassionaly need to restart it). I will look if i can get the thread and post the link here.

edit: thread is viewtopic.php?f=249&t=10881
sickbeard and couchpotato dont work here, but sabnzb working as intended. Goodluck

edit 2: i probably read your question wrong, when u mentioned ur using ffp+sabget. Are you trying to get sabnzb to work or is your medion nas hanging after 20 minutes? if its the latter, i do have occassionaly once in a few days hang ups and i power off and on and it stays stable).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 pm 

Can somebody please reupload this ps3netsrv compiled for dlink 320 because putlocker link is down.
Pretty please, i cant find anywhere :(
cheers