General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Medion Life P89660
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm 

Hi all,

I really don't know in what other sub forum to post this so here it is :)

I recently bought a Medion Life P89660 2Tb NAS unit, and after some digging around found out it's hardware is nearly exacty the same as a Zyxel.

It's running the 1.03 firmware, and what I want is to be able to run the ffp stick. But no matter what I do it fails.

Is there something I'm missing or is there something that needs to be changed in one of the files (ffp files)?

If i'm missing info here and you guys need any extra info please let me know, i'm seriously running blanks here :)

Cheers,
Henk

Post subject: Re: Medion Life P89660
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:36 am 

henksteenwijk wrote:
Hi all,

I really don't know in what other sub forum to post this so here it is :)

I recently bought a Medion Life P89660 2Tb NAS unit, and after some digging around found out it's hardware is nearly exacty the same as a Zyxel.

It's running the 1.03 firmware, and what I want is to be able to run the ffp stick. But no matter what I do it fails.

Is there something I'm missing or is there something that needs to be changed in one of the files (ffp files)?

If i'm missing info here and you guys need any extra info please let me know, i'm seriously running blanks here :)

Cheers,
Henk

Hi Henk,

I have the same machine, from the Aldi aanbieding at 99 euro. I'm trying to get a ps3netserver up, to server my games, videos etc. But recently my Playstation 3 had a yellow light of death, so i need to get that fixed first. For that reason i also wanted to install FFP.

When i first tried it with a vebatim 8gb usb it was formatted in fat32. And after downloading the ffp 0.7 files onto it, rebooting the nas with usb stick with ffp on it. I than ftped to the nas, after 5 minutes, to read the ffpboot.log and it had a a error downloading the fun package, the log file also said you could manualy add this package to the drive containing ffp. So i downloaded it manualy, and put it in the same directory as ffp. Restarted the nas, and after 10 or 15 minutes i could telnet using putty. After that i followed the wiki to end telnet service and started using ssh via putty.

All good up till there, until i noticed i still had a 128MB usb stick, and i reasoned that would fit my purpose of just running the ps3netsr more. So i wouldnt have to keep my 8GB usb inside. So i formatted the 128mb stick using EaseUS Partition Master free to use for non commercial usage. Set it as primary partition and in fat16. Rebooted the nas with the 128mb stick inside and after a few minutes saw the log say the usb had run out of space to download the funpackage. But that is another story, so to sum it up what i did.
Format the usb in Fat16, leaving the unpartition space as is, copy the 0.7 ffp files on usb. Reset the NAS with usb inside, waited 30 minutes to read the log file. All good from there, hope it helps you.

edit;add. about our device to quote from my thread by user Mijzelf about zyxel "Well, there *are* some similarities. The '210 runs an Oxnas 810 processor, while the Medion runs it's successor, the Oxnas 820, But of course this is actually an FFP question, which has nothing to do with the actual hardware".