Windows 10 and Medion P89660 NAS cause idle situation.

mcmellow

Re: Windows 10 and Medion P89660 NAS cause idle situation.

Post by mcmellow » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:29 pm

Code: Select all

Device     Boot   Start        End    Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sda1            63    1028159    1028097  502M 83 Linux
/dev/sda2       1028160 3907024064 3905995905  1.8T  9 AIX bootable
Connected hdd with a SATA-USB to a Raspberry Pi
Checked the sda1 with e2fsck ==> no errors
Checked the sda2 with xfs_repair ==> no error
Put the hdd back in de Medion NAS box and connete to ethernet and my LAN. Nothing can not find it. Tried the Medion Tool ==> nothing, tried the advanced port scanner ==> nothing. Checked my router ==> nothing.
Something between the hdd and my network is completly down or broken

Mijzelf

Post by Mijzelf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

mcmellow wrote:Something between the hdd and my network is completly down or broken
The hardware is OK. It boots, and there is life on the ethernet port. The disk is OK, you checked it. The firmware is (probably) OK, as Samba is running, and it serves at least one non-custom shared.

I think on of the packages is misbehaving. On the 2nd partition there's a directory .system/zy-pkgs/config/, which contains the enable flags of all packages. Without these flags the packages are supposed to be disabled. So delete the contents of that directory, and retry.

mcmellow

Post by mcmellow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Mijzelf wrote:The hardware is OK. It boots, and there is life on the ethernet port. The disk is OK, you checked it. The firmware is (probably) OK, as Samba is running, and it serves at least one non-custom shared.

I think on of the packages is misbehaving. On the 2nd partition there's a directory .system/zy-pkgs/config/, which contains the enable flags of all packages. Without these flags the packages are supposed to be disabled. So delete the contents of that directory, and retry.
Removed the contents of .system/zy-pkgs/config/ and start the NAS again. no network connection available or visible. The blue light stays flashing regular, The green light irregular, but no network connection at all.

Mijzelf

Post by Mijzelf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Have you already tried without disk? As far as I remember, the webinterface works without disk. (And gives you the opportunity to initialize an empty disk)

mcmellow

Post by mcmellow » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Mijzelf wrote:Have you already tried without disk? As far as I remember, the webinterface works without disk. (And gives you the opportunity to initialize an empty disk)
This worked perfect, a new nas-server with an new ip address appears. I could initialize an empty disk. When I added the HDD again, all the trouble started again. It is trying to use the config on the HDD with the old server-name / ip address.
Can I remove the old config on the hdd? Or is this stored on multiple files / locations. More drastically. Just re-intialize or format the complete hdd. Create a complete new partition? All data is saved on something else.