General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 am 

I have the stock firmware on this ix4-300d and have ssh enabled. I am just curious if anyone knows whether the shutdown command packaged into the CLI is the proper one to issue a safe shutdown as if you were using the power button.

I want to set this up as a NUT UPSmon slave to another NAS which is the UPSmon master, so the master is the one plugged into my UPS and when the battery gets low that NAS will send the shutdown command to my slave which is the ix4-300d.

I just want to make sure this shutdown bin is made for this NAS and not just a generic one not optimized for the LenovoEMC Distro...

I mainly want to make sure the filesystems get taken down safely and gracefully...

My gut tells me to just try it with 'shutdown -h now' like normal and see if the logs show any signs of dirty shutdown, but I figured I'd see if somebody here might know how refined this release is.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 am 

Well I bit the bullet and just did shutdown -h now and it seems to have shutdown like normal Linux does. So far I don't see any signs that the fs went down dirty, and dmesg isn't complaining about about unclean fs or anything.

That command did shut the power off on the unit too, so I'm going to assume that LenovoEMC built it right in that regard.