General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 3:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 am 

Symptoms of equipment failure
-------------------------------------------------- -------------
09/10/2014, I tried to update the firmware to Version 4.0.2.9960 naVersion 4.1.102.29716 your NAS via the web interface of the device.
After the machine firmware downloaded and installed it, rebooted, but no longer see your wheels and gives access to settings and gives only a message:
=================
NAS - Lenovo ix4-300d
Lenovo ix4-300d not ready
To start using this device, you need to insert a disc.
=================
Customized information to e-mail:
Storage failed and some data loss may have occurred. Multiple drives may have either failed or been removed from your storage system. Visit the Dashboard on the management interface for details.

Device Information: 192.168.*.*, 4.0.2.9960, Lenovo ix4-300d, I00*********

----------------------------------------------------------------
solution
Try disabling the Ethernet cable and perform a recovery from the flash drive, using the h4c-4.1.102.29716.exe https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2NnDwBAoQZ4VFBBbFkwamxYU1U&usp=sharing which reformats the flash drive for the recovery image.
On USB drive you will get two folders emctools\h4c_images\ and images
Inside the folder will be three files:
emctools\h4c_images\h4c-4.1.102.29716_imager.tgz
images\initrd and zImage
Next, turn on the device while holding the RESET button and hold it for about a minute.
The fact that the signal will start flashing LED reading USB-disk, release the reset.
After completion of the restoration of the firmware the device should turn off.
After switching on the device will be initialized with the new firmware(hard reset).
If the download is successful thrust Ethernet.
The following answers can help you immediately. (Answers will open in a separate window.)
A link to the answer: Firmware Version 4.1.102.29716 for ix4-300d (https://lenovo-eu-ru.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32152)
A link to the answer: Enable security (https://lenovo-eu-ru.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27079)
A link to the answer: Failure copy jobs on USB-device after upgrading hardware (https://lenovo-eu-ru.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31535)
A link to the answer: The Bluetooth adapter is not available after the firmware update (https://lenovo-eu-ru.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32945)
A link to the answer: LifeLine Application not installed after the firmware update (https://lenovo-eu-ru.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34473)

Sorry for bad english

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:26 pm 

hi gari :
i have ix4-300d with 4 dd 2t
thanks for this post ,was very difficult to find this firmware , but now that perform all the steps remains the nas displaying " usb boot" and red light above the power button , any ideas :
1 the process can be performed with only one disk.
2 disk sharing with each other the same nas .
thanks for any comment on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:12 am 

juank wrote:
hi gari :
i have ix4-300d with 4 dd 2t
thanks for this post ,was very difficult to find this firmware , but now that perform all the steps remains the nas displaying " usb boot" and red light above the power button , any ideas :
1 the process can be performed with only one disk.
2 disk sharing with each other the same nas .
thanks for any comment on

I used to create usb stick (4GB + indicator) + prog h4c-4.1.102.29716.exe + 4HDD*4Tb(Warning!remove user data)
I also met the difficulty in getting in readiness for loading firmware restoration mode boot from usb.
To load the firmware, you can use only the top port usb back of the cabinet. Other inactive (this is important).
1 Insert usb stick with the firmware restoration in the upper port usb. Enable power button NAS device
2 Wait for the download to the error that there is no disk (if the error was originally)
3 Press the power button and wait for it to NAS device is turned off.
4 Press a thin tool (eg toothpick) reset button and hold it down, press the power button once the device NAS.
5 Expect activity signal indicator usb stick after start flashing Remove "toothpick" from the reset button.
6 Wait for the end of the firmware restoration
(!!!!!Warning!!!!!NAS auto OFF).
WARNING !!! Potential problems can be if usb stick not found in bios NAS. So there is NOT REMOVE out usb stick, several times to enable, disable, enable NAS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 pm 

Hi guys!

Firstly, thanks for the work you've done! I'm finally seeing the light!

I however do have an issue and I'm hoping you guys can help. I'm on a mac so I've followed all the instructions down to a T and downloaded the usb_stick_folder from he google drive link.

However, when I try to boot using the thumb drive I created, I get a "no initrd..." message followed by TFTP and USB boot fail...

I've tried this many different ways so far but for the life of me I can't figure this out!

Any help would be really appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:05 pm 

I've tried to follow the procedure to a T but to no avail, the farthest I'm able to go is to a display that says "USB BOOT" with a purple light above the power button. Desperate to get my ix4-300d back to working order, and to do this i suspect that I definitely need to reimage the nas. Any other procedures or advice on how to do this?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:18 am 

I just bought a brand new ix4-300d. But it was totally useless. Probably because it came with version 4.0.8.23976.

The console kept displaying this:
Code:
Mac address = xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Device: Sent a broadcast packet

Device: Waiting for Hello Response.

[full log file]

And all TCP ports where closed. So neither the web setup or the Windows software was able to connect to the device.

After following the steps in the forum post. I upgraded to version 4.1.102.29716 and the device is now working.

Thanks

I have mirrored the guide and files (updated to 4.1.210.33855):
  • Download zip file
  • Format a USB drive with FAT32 (not just FAT or FAT16).[pic]
  • Extract the content of the downloaded zipfile to the root of the USB drive.[pic]
  • Inset the USB drive to the top USB slot on the back.
  • Disconnect the Ethernet cables.
  • Power on while holding reset button (located on the back).
  • Let go of the reset button as soon as you see the USB drive flashing. (If it is working, the USB drive will keep flashing. Do not interrupt the process.)
  • The ix4-300d will power off when done.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:58 pm 

Hi,

bought this NAS without HD, and have 4 hard drives of 500GB, I will restore this NAS and colcoar the 4 500GB.

He will work properly? With 2T?