General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:33 am 

I have been using a FreeAgent GoFlex Home server for a while, so I figured it's time for a new server. My friend has been using a ZyXel 325 server for a while and has nothing but good things to say about it. anyway.. I purchase the server and configured my router for the server. forwarding ports.. bought a domain name and forwarded my ip. the thing is.. my old server keeps popping up when trying to access my domain name. Ive been going through all the setting on router, even removed all the network setting on the goflex server, and then, completely removing the server. I keep getting the damm goflex server login page. I also reset my router back to factory.. I can not figure out how to removed / reset to get read of the damm goflex login!! please someone help. Its probably something real easy.. I'm just so tired and frustrated.

Thanks..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:37 am 

I suppose the GoFlex uses uPnP to tell the router to forward it's ports to him. So search in the GoFlex for an uPnP option, and turn it off. You could also disable uPnP on the router, but in that case you'll have to manually forward all needed ports. Some online games doesn't like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:42 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
I suppose the GoFlex uses uPnP to tell the router to forward it's ports to him. So search in the GoFlex for an uPnP option, and turn it off. You could also disable uPnP on the router, but in that case you'll have to manually forward all needed ports. Some online games doesn't like that.

I turned all the networking services including uPnP off. On my router, all I see is new server under uPnP. I completely removed the GoFlex from the power. It's like Seagate is forwarding port 80 and it won't release. I forwarded port 80 on my router for the new nas drive and it ignores the port, due the GoFlex. I reset my router back factory.. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 pm 

You are getting the GoFlex login screen even when the Goflex is turned off?

Then either your browser is loading the page from cache, or your domain name is not pointing to your public ip address. Does
Code:
ping yourdomain
give the same ip address as browsing to http://www.whatismyip.com ?