NAS326 and Mijzelf's PlexMediaServer installer

meathane

NAS326 and Mijzelf's PlexMediaServer installer

Post by meathane » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I've tried an hundred times to install Mijzelf's PlexMediaServer installer, but it stops at 45% every time, and will not install. Once, I got it to say Installation Failed. I'm on 5.21, and my MetaRepository looks like this:

# Official repository
ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/+ ZyXEL
# German mirror
# ftp://ftp.zyxel-tech.de/2.new_mirror/+ Mirror
# German beta server
# ftp://ftp.zyxel-tech.de/+ Beta
# Medion server
# ftp://nas-download:sEhtalr@download.medion.de/ Medion
# Mijzelf's repository
http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... ypkg-repo/ Mijzelf
# Local repository
/i-data/sysvol/admin/MyRepo/ Local

so it sees a bunch of new apps (Tweaks installed ok, FFP didn't, nor did a few others I tested).

Is it just not compatible anymore? I don't have FFP installed, as from various posts it seems you don't need it anymore.

Has anybody had success?

Mijzelf

Re: NAS326 and Mijzelf's PlexMediaServer installer

Post by Mijzelf » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:36 am

meathane wrote: I've tried an hundred times to install Mijzelf's PlexMediaServer installer, but it stops at 45% every time,
<snip>
so it sees a bunch of new apps (Tweaks installed ok, FFP didn't, nor did a few others I tested).
They all stopped at 45%? I think that is a network problem, somehow. AFAIK all 3rd party packages offered are compatible with the 326. And even if they aren't, they should install fine.

Did you change your server list? For a 326 my repo should automatically be set to http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... po/NAS500/. That cannot have anything to do with your problem. It only leaves some packages which are not compatible, but still install fine.

If it's a network issue, you can work around it by using the internal repository. Download the ZYPKGS file and the packages you want to install from the NAS500 repository, and put them in \\<NAS>\admin\MyRepo\. (Create that directory if it doesn't exist. Case sensitive). Disable the Mijzelf repository by putting a # for it. Then refresh the package list and retry to install.

meathane

Post by meathane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Hmm, I tried that by putting them locally, and it didn't work. It was me that changed the repo to 326 instead of 500, as I thought maybe that was a typo in the instructions I found, or maybe I was supposed to change it to 326 seeing as I have a 326.

Anyway, tonight I've tried #'ing out my local repo in the Meta Repository settings, changing the repo to the 500 one (http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... po/NAS500/), pressed Apply, then gone back to App Center > Browse > All Apps > Refresh, but get Download List Fail. So restarted the NAS, tried to refresh the apps, but same error again. #'d out everything but your repo, restarted, quickly ran the Refresh, and your apps showed up, for the first time with logos too. Clicked Install, but again, stopped at 45%.

I've tried everything, can't seem to get it to install whether it's from locally, or the repo. Could it be a certain folder that I've accidentally changed the permission for? I did manage to get Tweaks to install previously though, so I'm lost as to what's happening.

meathane

Post by meathane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Just for info, tried other packages, everything installs apart from

Plex - stops at 45%
CalibreCOPS - doesn't ever say Installing, just brings up the dim screen for a few minutes, (with the spinning cog), then shows the green Install button again
FFP - got to 25%, then says NaN%

meathane

Post by meathane » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 am

Progress - thought I'd post here for anybody else in the same boat.

I saw the zy-pkgs folder in the admin folder, and in that folder was MetaRepository, with a load of files in (.urls, .zpkgs,) I just deleted the whole MetaRepository folder, and the web_prefix file that was also in the zy-pkgs folder, basically everything that I didn't put there. Rebooted the nas, refreshed the app list, and it (PlexMediaServer installer) installed perfectly.

Mijzelf

Post by Mijzelf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks for the update. Which tells me I should have asked for the logfiles, which are also in that directory, and maybe could have told what the problem was.

The contents of /admin/MetaRepository is basically a database of the contents of the different repositories.