General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NAS FAT32 problems!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:46 pm 

I have a NAS Welland Netshare 752GNS with an HD 2TB, and like most it it only supports FAT32 and that's where the problems begin.
I tested some backup programs, and even bought one, but he do anything but what is basic to a FAT32 file system: Crossing the its countless limitations, such as file size, name of file size and path size. In tests I conducted realized very long paths are my main problem.
So gentlemen, know of any program that can manage that? This program could very well cataloged and save the file to your way by changing the path, the name and even fracturing the file.

Tanks

PT-Br:
Tenho um NAS Welland Netshare 752GNS com um HD de 2TB, e assim como a maioria ele ele suporta apenas FAT32 e é aí que começam os problemas.
Testei alguns programas de backups, e até comprei um, mas ele fazem tudo, menos o que é básico para um sistema de arquivos FAT32: Transpor as enúmeras limitações, como tamanho de arquivo, tamanho de nome e tamanho de path do arquivo. Em testes que realizei percebi que paths muito compridos são meu principal problema.
Então senhores, conhecem algum programa que consiga gerenciar isso? Esse programa poderia muito bem catalogar e guardar o arquivo á sua maneira, alterando o path, o nome e até fracionando o arquivo.

Obrigado!

Post subject: Re: NAS FAT32 problems!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:04 pm 

As long as the file size is not the problem, creating an archive file (zip, tar, 7z, ...) can solve all filename and path problems)

Post subject: Re: NAS FAT32 problems!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:23 pm 

It is impossible to compress the entire file every backup. Another problem would be the restoration, where the software could not handle versions or find the files.
If the issue is known by the software does not deal with this ???
Apparently there is no full backup software on this planet?!?!
Thanks for the help so far.