Help: GoFlex_Home lost by Windows

jakeputt

Help: GoFlex_Home lost by Windows

Post by jakeputt » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:17 am

Hope some one can help, been struggling with tho issue for some time.

Problem: Windows loses connection to my GoFlex_Home 2Tb NAS after several hours inactivity, not an issue with my Mac. When I access the drive I am asked for a password which is will not accept (yes, I have the right password) but after I reboot the GoFlex_Home it is recognized and does not ask for a password. Same issue with my BoxeeBox but don't use it any more.

Computers:
PC1: Gateway, Win 7, AMD 2.6 Ghz processor, 8 Gb RAM, gigabyte LAN, about 5 years old now set up as an XBMC station on TV
PC2: Design built, Win 8.1, i3 3.7 Ghz processor, 8Gb RAM, gigabyte LAN, 2 months old running as mail PC
Mac: Macbook Pro 15", i5 2.4 Ghz processor, 4 Gb RAM

Network:
d-link AC750 for access within the home(gigabyte), and Bell 2000 for accessing Internet (only 10/100)
GoFlex_Home connected to d-link by Cat5, given static IP address

If more info needed please let me know.

Any advice or ideas appreciated.

Mijzelf

Re: Help: GoFlex_Home lost by Windows

Post by Mijzelf » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 am

Are you accessing the box by name or by IP? Do you have IPv6 in your network?

Recently I had to connect a Window 8.1 system to a sambaserver by name, which was resolved to an IPv4 address, in a network having IPv6, and it failed. I got a login screen, and after that 'Server not accessible', or something like that.
Interesting observation: Before trying to connect the server can be pinged on name, but after it gives a 'unknown host', but nslookup still works.
Disabling ipv6 solved the issue, but that is not what I wanted, and finally I found that disabling the dns cache service also solved it.

jakeputt

Re: Help: GoFlex_Home lost by Windows

Post by jakeputt » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Sorry, I tried to reply several days ago but seems it didn't go. I am connecting by IP and I am sure I have IPv6 on my network (brand new d-link router at least). Funny thought that the problem doesn't exist on the Mac, only the PC and the Boxee (which I have since dropped).

Tx