General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:36 pm 

Hello everyone,

I am using NAS540(V5.11(AATB.3)) twonky server (Version: 7.2.11). It's connected to my samsung 55JU6470 smart tv. I can play every kind of video file with this way. My problem is twonky v7 can not play any kind of subtitle with video files even if they have the exactly same file name. I can not dumb every subtitle file in to the video files.

I made some research and found that v8 can play the external subtitle files without any problem.

Now have 2 questions. 1.is there a way to play subtitles with video on v7? 2.is there a way to update twonky server manually to v8 or does zyxel plan to update it any soon?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:07 pm 

Hi,

can you play included subtiltes from mkv files? You should be able to verify it with mplayer classic or nfo file. You can also try example working on Samsung U40 something ... srt file attached to thread.

I am not sure if you need to change filename to same as video file but pls make sure you do it. Also make sure that you don't have extensions hidding in os or similiar stuff and use cifs to provide those file to video directory. I've experienced issue with db sync in twonky while I was adding files via ssh (It required to reboot nas to see it in media server in tv). Issues does not persist with Mijzelf entware mod, but was observed with FFP.

file: http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/xo2JjOb1/file.html

this will show subs in 0.64

Thanks,
swider