limits.h missing

Mindspeed Comcerto 2000 based
michielvv

limits.h missing

Post by michielvv » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:04 am

All,

I am installing several packages through slacker and trying to get deluge to work. Everything goed fine until i have to install the some packages through PIP:

Code: Select all

pip install cryptography==0.6 service-identity twisted pyopenssl pyxdg chardet setproctitle mako pillow
I get the following error:

Code: Select all

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -march=armv5te -O3 -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-value -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DUSE__THREAD -I/ffp/include/python2.7 -c c/_cffi_backend.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/c/_cffi_backend.o
    In file included from /i-data/998981b1/.PKG/ffp/ffproot/ffp/lib/gcc/arm-ffp-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.9.2/include-fixed/syslimits.h:7:0,
                     from /i-data/998981b1/.PKG/ffp/ffproot/ffp/lib/gcc/arm-ffp-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.9.2/include-fixed/limits.h:34,
                     from /ffp/include/python2.7/Python.h:19,
                     from c/_cffi_backend.c:2:
    /i-data/998981b1/.PKG/ffp/ffproot/ffp/lib/gcc/arm-ffp-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.9.2/include-fixed/limits.h:168:61: fatal error: limits.h: No such file or directory
     #include_next <limits.h>  /* recurse down to the real one */
                                                                 ^
    compilation terminated.
    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command "/ffp/bin/python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-zKhxGA/cffi/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-enhjaY-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-zKhxGA/cffi/
I have checked things for getting the right Linux headers, but I am stuck.

My system is a NAS542: Linux NAS 3.2.54 #1 SMP Tue Jun 14 12:47:16 CST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

Any solution for this?

Thanks a million, Michiel

Mijzelf

Re: limits.h missing

Post by Mijzelf » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:23 pm

*Did* you install the kernel headers? There is a package for the 540.That will also fit your kernel.

michielvv

Re: limits.h missing

Post by michielvv » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:49 am

Hi Mijzelf,

I am not too sure. I installed 2.6 header files you referred to in slacker. I cannot find the header files for 3.2.

I did solve the issue: of you run PIP fromthe /ffp/include/ location then the error is gone as gcc will also search the working directory for header files and the limits.h is there.

Regards, Michiel