Was looking around the net for a solution and found a forum in German (http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre ... SQL-Daten/
). Turns out, a security enhancement was made on the mySQL side which only allows access to the DB from local host. I am running the DB for a Kodi / XBMC setup for a centralized library so that doesn't work out so well. Here is what I ended up having to do with 1.0zypkg006 PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin package already installed. Firmware version V5.11(AASZ.3). I also confirmed that this is an issue with 5.10 firmware. Initial 5.04 firmware is OK.
- Remove the 1.0zypkg006 PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin package. Click Uninstall / Cancel Installation to do so.
- Once uninstalled, click Install / Upgrade. IMPORTANT: Remove the check to activate the package once installed.
- Enable Telnet / SSH service from the control panel on the main Zyxel splash screen. This will not work with Chrome. Use Intenet Explorer.
- Open WinSCP. Connect to NAS520 / NAS540 (or whatever you changed hostname to). Username is root and password is whatever you set initially.
- On right pane, navigate to i-data/sysvol/. In bottom right it should say 3 hidden. Make sure to click this to view hidden files.
- Navigate to .PKG/PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin/etc/init.d
- Double-click PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin to open editor.
- Search for --bind-address
- Modify value from --bind-address=127.0.0.1 to --bind-address=0.0.0.0
- Click save icon in top left
- Navigate back to packages. For PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin package, click enable (looks like play button)
That should take care of it.
The only other thing you need to do is create a user account. You can do this from phpmyadmin http://nas520:5000/pkg/phpmyadmin/
- Click users
- Click add user
- Username = KODI
- Leave host set to any host (%)
- Password is KODI
- Select Grant all privileges on wildcard name (username\_%).
- Select Global privileges Check All
- Click Go in bottom right.
Need to also modify your advancedsettings.xml file with username, password, and port information for mySQL. Default port is 3306.
Hope that helps anyone else that was struggling like I was.