Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Plex Installation
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
Your FFP stick isn't active.

Ok, it's late night now, so I'll give it a shot again tomorrow. So far I have:

Extracted the contents of the zip file to a clean USB drive.
Plugged the USB stick into the NAS and rebooted it.

My first impression is that it should work.. If I plug the stick back into my PC the drive has been formatted/p artioned and I can't access the contents. Any clue what I should look for tomorrow?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:20 am 

The stick should have 2 partitions, from which one is readable by a PC. On that partition you should be able to find logfiles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:59 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
The stick should have 2 partitions, from which one is readable by a PC. On that partition you should be able to find logfiles.

I can't get that to happen unfortunately and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded the FFPStick-2015-10-12.zip from here: http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/ ... FFP-Stick/ (kudos to you, by the way). I extracted that zip files content to my USB-stick but when I plug it into the NAS nothing particular happens. Sometimes it gets partioned/formatted so it's un-readable and I don't see those logfiles you are referring to. Other times it just does nothing and when I plug it back into my PC the stick is just as I left it (with the contents of the zip file untouched).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:00 pm 

Have you tried another stick? You might have been bitten by the timing issue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:56 pm 

I am not sure if i am doing it wrong

i have put the FFPStick-2015-10-12.zip (after extracting it) on to a USB
i am hoping that i know its SOMEWHAT WORKING because when the USB is plugged in and i am using PUTTY to ssh/telnet then it says
Code:
== Welcome at FFP version 0.7/arm, running on NAS520 NAS520, firmware V5.20.0) ==

and when not plugged in it says something else

so when i run the command slacker -U it fails to update and shows this

Code:
root@NAS520:~# slacker -U
Updating package lists...
fetch: rsync -q 'rsync://ffp.inreto.de/ffp/0.7/arm/packages/CHECKSUMS.md5' '/ffp/funpkg/cache/s'
fetch: (cd '/ffp/funpkg/cache/mz'; wget -Nnv 'http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/FFP-Stick/packages/0.7/arm/CHECKSUMS.md5')
wget: invalid option -- 'N'
BusyBox v1.19.4 (2016-10-05 15:34:58 CST) multi-call binary.

Usage: wget [-c|--continue] [-s|--spider] [-q|--quiet] [-O|--output-document FILE]
        [--header 'header: value'] [-Y|--proxy on/off] [-P DIR]
        [--no-check-certificate] [-U|--user-agent AGENT] [-T SEC] URL...

FATAL: mz: No CHECKSUMS.md5
root@NAS520:~#

am i doing something wrong?
and which in turn i can not run the command for installing the plex stuff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:46 am 

Mijzelf wrote:
Have you tried another stick? You might have been bitten by the timing issue.

That seemed to be the issue! Finally, after 4 different USB sticks, I got something to work. However, I fear I'm still facing some kind of issue:

Do you have any idea what causes this?

I'm trying my best to follow this guide: viewtopic.php?f=249&t=7603

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:29 pm 

@erikj
Slacker tool needs root privileges, while admin account is a restricted user on ffp.
Run command after logging as admin to elevate privileges up to root:
Code:
su

@paresh90 Use the same command. In your case it is known old ffp bug in PATH variable of root user. Practically you are using firmware wget tool instead ffp, which doesn't understand -N command line argument. Check yourself:
Code:
which wget
echo $PATH
su
which wget
echo $PATH

Btw. Is it advisable do not login with root account directly via ssh from security point of view. Instead, login as restricted user admin and only then elevate privileges up to root with su command. After executing su, PATH variable becomes correct one.
P.S. Keep in mind that PMS has candy web interface, but lacks transcoding feature due to weak arm NAS CPU. Everything will depend on DLNA client capabilities. Also PMS is not light DLNA server.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 am 

barmalej2 wrote:
@erikj
Slacker tool needs root privileges, while admin account is a restricted user on ffp.
Run command after logging as admin to elevate privileges up to root:
Code:
su

Oh man, I have no idea how I missed that command. THANK YOU! And thanks to you too, Mijzelf. You guys rock :geek:

Plex is currently self-configuring, so I should be good to go now :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:56 am 

Ok, I have been running plex for a few days now. It finds my movies perfectly fine and I'm able to play them. Unfortunately the plex server keeps crashing (I assume) cause suddenly my movies will stop playing and I will no longer be able to access the web interface of my plex server unless I restart the NAS (or manually start it up with SSH). Anyone got any idea as to why this might happen?

It happens every 30 mins or so while watching movies..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:36 pm 

Maybe logs can give some light about problem:
http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=7603#p34139
Clean old logs, start PMS and let it run until it crashes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
When the stick works, it should have 2 partitions, which should be visible in the webinterface as separate volumes. The webinterface is supposed to work normally, as the stick should work without disturbing the firmware.

About telnet, I don't know what is happening. On a 520 you can also enable the firmware build-in ssh server, and use that.

According to my web interface, it does have 2 partitions. But when I connect via ssh, it doesn't appear to be working? I've included a screen shot below..

What step am I missing?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:45 pm 

The FAT partition should contain a logfile.

Can you remove the advertising from your Sig?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 pm 

barmalej2 wrote:
Maybe logs can give some light about problem:
http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=7603#p34139
Clean old logs, start PMS and let it run until it crashes.

This is what I'm getting:

Code:
root@NAS520:/home/shares# grep -r "CRITIC*\| ERROR*\|WARN*" --include=*.log* /mn                                                                                              t/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs/
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex DLNA Server.log:Nov 07,                                                                                               2016 20:05:02.373 [0x2c803000] ERROR - Unable to open named mutex 9334581e-7251                                                                                              -4ef7-a8ec-5bfe8e89ff68 with option 2: Permission denied
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/PMS Plugin Logs/com.plexapp.                                                                                              system.log:2016-11-07 20:05:00,574 (2b0f1000) :  CRITICAL (runtime:709) - Privat                                                                                              e handlers are no longer supported; couldn't register <bound method StreamServic                                                                                              e.token_handler of <streamservice.StreamService object at 0xbb3d30>>
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:05:01.230 [0x315ff400] WARN - Sync: Couldn't get sync lists without su                                                                                              bscription.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:05:01.276 [0x2d655320] ERROR - Unable to open named mutex 9334581e-725                                                                                              1-4ef7-a8ec-5bfe8e89ff68 with option 1: Permission denied
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:05:02.873 [0x34782400] ERROR - Network Service: Error in browser handl                                                                                              e read: 125 (Operation canceled) socket=-1
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:05:10.160 [0x30cd7400] WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by                                                                                               gateway.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:05:10.894 [0x336fe400] WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by                                                                                               gateway.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:05:26.272 [0x36070400] WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by                                                                                               gateway.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:06:17.295 [0x3c785400] ERROR - Error issuing curl_easy_perform(handle)                                                                                              : 28
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:06:17.296 [0x3c785400] ERROR - HTTP 408 downloading url https://meta.p                                                                                              lex.tv/t/theater?language=en&subtitleLanguage=da&redband=0
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:06:17.296 [0x3c785400] ERROR - IVA: Error downloading trailers for sou                                                                                              rce 1.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:07:17.516 [0x3c785400] ERROR - Error issuing curl_easy_perform(handle)                                                                                              : 28
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:07:17.517 [0x3c785400] ERROR - HTTP 408 downloading url https://meta.p                                                                                              lex.tv/t/video?language=en&subtitleLanguage=da&redband=0
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 20:07:17.517 [0x3c785400] ERROR - IVA: Error downloading trailers for sou                                                                                              rce 2.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 21:05:10.130 [0x36070400] WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by                                                                                               gateway.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 21:05:10.243 [0x3834c400] WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by                                                                                               gateway.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 22:05:10.142 [0x3834c400] WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by                                                                                               gateway.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 22:05:10.230 [0x39d70400] WARN - NAT: PMP, got an error: Not Supported by                                                                                               gateway.
/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log:Nov 07                                                                                              , 2016 22:16:18.567 [0x3b718400] ERROR - [Notify] Error while reading inotify fd                                                                                               (4)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 pm 

Which DLNA client you using for watching media: TV (provide model), PC WEB UI or something else.
Can it be that at the crash moment new media file was finished to download or copied?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:44 pm 

barmalej2 wrote:
Which DLNA client you using for watching media: TV (provide model), PC WEB UI or something else.
Can it be that at the crash moment new media file was finished to download or copied?

This crash happened when none of us even used PLEX, so I'm thinking this has something to do with the installation and/or setup.

Otherwise normally we use the PLEX app for android and chromecast.

EDIT: Well you might be right. I just tried to start up PLEX again and the moment I tried to connect to it through the Plex app it crashed. However, the server wasn't even available on Web GUI despite it saying this:

Code:
root@NAS520:/home/shares# sh /ffp/start/plexmediaserver.sh start
Starting Plex Media Server...Plex Media server is already running...

Last edited by erikj on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.